Birthday Room Decorations?

skylock

Hi,

We are planning on taking my neice on a surprise 4 day birthday cruise for her 13th birthday.

I am considering having her room decorated by carnival, but I see it is $32 and it does not look like you get much value for money, but I still want to make it a special cruise for her.

We were thinking we could distract her and my sister could run to the room and put up decorations we bring with us, but that is such a hassle.

My question is, does it look better in the room than it does on the order page?

And what other things can we have planned for her while on the cruise?

Any ideas welcomed and appreciated.

We sail 1/08

Thanks,

I brought my own decorations. It's MUCH cheaper and you can do it how you want it to look.

I made a magnet to put on the door of the cabin (outside) with a big "Happy Birthday" across it... I got some streamers and a few of the hangy things (it was a long spiraly thing that had a little "happy birthday" sign on the bottom) and I had a few of the banners that were just letters attached to each other (sorry, don't know what other way to describe it!)

I also brought a bag of balloons and a small balloon pump (so I didn't have to blow them all up myself!) and had balloons all over the floor.

The best part is that when the cruise was over, I didn't have to re-pack all that stuff AND I had a little extra room in my suitcase!

and my daughter (who is 4 and turning 5 in just a few days) was THRILLED with the decorations!

You could order a small cake from carnival, that's not too over-priced.

Just dont' forget to bring some tape! It would suck to have all those decorations and no way to hang them up!!

(You could also ask your room steward if they could PLEASE make a couple of extra towel animals to leave on the birthday girls bed)

I ordered Happy Birthday decorations for my son for his birthday (they left on their honeymoon ON his 27th B-day) as a surprise (I also ordered Strawberries- his favorite- as a surprise too). I was amazed at the massive amount of decorations there were in the cabin!! He was very touched.

I didn't sail with them, and wanted to do something special and unexpected:p I think I got it ;)

Oh, and by the way, their room steward made towel animals for him every day with his sunglasses on :) and he would say "Happy Birthday Mr. Jason".... :D After the 2nd day DS said "You know, it is our HONEYMOON, so could you maybe make something for my wife :) "

Then their Steward made a towel Heart with chocolates in it :) After that when he saw them he would say "Happy Honeymoon Mr. Jason".

I did it for my son's 8th birthday on the Valor last month...... not that impressed for the $$$ . Nothing for the door, a cascading thing over the bed, and a few decorations on the desktop. Honestly, wouldn't do it again, would bring my own. My son did like it, so I guess it was worth it, but as for me, didn't think so. JMHO

Hi,

We are planning on taking my neice on a surprise 4 day birthday cruise for her 13th birthday.

I am considering having her room decorated by carnival, but I see it is $32 and it does not look like you get much value for money, but I still want to make it a special cruise for her.

We were thinking we could distract her and my sister could run to the room and put up decorations we bring with us, but that is such a hassle.

My question is, does it look better in the room than it does on the order page?

And what other things can we have planned for her while on the cruise?

Any ideas welcomed and appreciated.

We sail 1/08

Thanks,

I took my daughter on the Liberty last year for her 21st birthday, and prepaid for the cabin decorations to be hung on the day of her birthday. On that day, we went to breakfast early because we were in Grand Cayman, and wanted to get a good start to our day. When we came back to the room to get our things together, the cabin was all decorated ( and I am talking... 9 am ! ) The look on my daughter's face was worth MUCH more than $32. I highly recommend doing it.

I took my daughter on the Liberty last year for her 21st birthday, and prepaid for the cabin decorations to be hung on the day of her birthday.

How did you arrange it so they were put up on her birthday.

I got the idea they were put up before you boarded.

How did you arrange it so they were put up on her birthday.

I got the idea they were put up before you boarded.

If you order before sailing and maybe after, the decorations are put up on the day you request. There is also a note filled out about the decorations with a greeting you can add.

I thought it was well worth it. Your room steward will put them up while you leave the cabin for breakfast.

Also consider a birthday cake for dinner. I ordered a chocolate one and it went over well. Of course the wait staff will gather around and sing.

We did this for my son's 8th Birthday last year on the Conquest. His birthday happened to fall on a formal night, so I ordered a cake to be served at dinner (I think it was $8), and then asked for the room to be decorated while we were at dinner. They brought the cake out at dessert time and rounded up several other waiters from other tables and announced his birthday loudly. Basically, the whole area where we were dining joined in singing happy birthday. It was awesome. He thought his celebrating was done. We took our formal picutres and then we were off to our room. When we got there and he saw the room decorated he was elated. Well worth the $32 in my opinion. I would do it again in a second.

Thanks so much for all the comments.

I am still not sure what we will do. Having the room decorated ON her birthday sounds great, but it is only a 4 day cruise and her actual birthday will be next to the last day, so will probably get it done first thing.

I may be missing it, but where would I order a cake and can anyone tell me what to expect from it. There will be 8 of us total.

Is there somewhere we could have cake and ice cream for the group on the ship at some point? I know we could get a corner on the lido and do it, but we were thinking somewhere a little less open.

Archived