Can we make an 11:30 flight???

Tamara

Hi, I realize this has been discussed somewhere, but we are on the Valor departing from Miami. Is an 11:30 flight out (home) of Ft. Lauderdale do-able? Carnival says nothing before 12 is advisable. Thank you, -Tamara

If you were flying out of MIA, you would most likely make it, but the trip to FLL (on a good day) is at least 45 mins as the above poster mentioned. You have to factor in time getting your luggage, finding your transfer bus or taxi, any other pax they have to let off God knows where, TRAFFIC which is a MESS between the two cities, then luggage check in (absolutely horrible at FLL), security lines, etc...

I would NOT chance an 11:30 flight out of FLL, and believe me, I book the earliest flights home for all of our cruises.

I'll get off the ship in Miami and flying home from FLL. My flight is at 11:45am on a Sunday. (traffic should be reasonable...I hope!)

I bought my cruise and flight from a wholesaler via my TA. They are a charter airline and also sells all inclusives and cruises. I booked my flight on their charter instead of cruise/air because I needed a deviation and couldn't be garanteed I'd get what I needed and the price of the air ticket could go up.

So I am hoping since this is a charter, they will wait for us if there are problems arriving on time!

We will probably be doing the self disembark or ask the purser for an early departure.

Hi, I realize this has been discussed somewhere, but we are on the Valor departing from Miami. Is an 11:30 flight out (home) of Ft. Lauderdale do-able? Carnival says nothing before 12 is advisable. Thank you, -Tamara

NO WAY..Valor is now in the new terminal...luggage is no longer in a "warehouse" atmosphere...it comes out on an "airport carousel" and you are called by numers to get off the ship...they check the numbers because they only have 3 carousels and not all luggage fits at one time..so they only load certain numbers at one time..if you try and get off early and make it thru the girl who is checking your tag number you won't find your luggage when you get downstairs...numbers are 1 -35...we were #19 and got off the ship at 10am..we only had to go to MIA...you would never make it to FLL...book a later flight and elimnate the "stress" factor"

I would not. But if you do try it, the ONLY way to do it is to use the self assist. You MUST carry ALL your luggage off yourself. But you are off the ship before they start calling numbers. Generally starting around 7:45am.

I was on Vaor last week....we carried our own luggage and were at MIA at the gate at 9:30....easy goings. Add an extra hour for FLL and its 10:30 ...that only leaves an hour for delays...IDK if I would be comfortable with that.

Remember that early call for cruise staff to check in with Immigration? When they can't find someone the whole disembard seems to come to a complete standstill. This has happened to us a few times and we were delayed an hour and fifteen minutes.

I'd stress out too much for a flight that early!

Archived