RCI and RCI

sagiv666

Last month, my wife and I cruised to Alaska aboard the Radiance. When I first boarded I saw "RCI" all over, and I thought that perhaps the company that manages our timeshares -- RCI -- may be affiliated with the line.

Not so. I communicated with my timeshare company and they indicated there was no connection. In fact, they refer to Royal Caribbean by their old abbreviation RCCL.

In fact, we booked our Royal Caribbean cruise cruise through RCI Cruises (the cruise division of our timeshare company),

I post for other participants in cruisecritic.com, I know many of you are aware of the difference but there are those who may not and it could be confusing, especially if you have timeshares which are managed by RCI.:)

I know many of you are aware of the difference but there are those who may not and it could be confusing, especially if you have timeshares which are managed by RCI.:)

RCI is owned by Cendant. I have never found good deals with their cruises.

RCI is owned by Cendant. I have never found good deals with their cruises.

Sorry you had bad luck. I'm on my second cruised booked through RCI. Not only did I find good booking rates, the had a good insurance plan and took care of all my needs. My wife and I cruised to Alaska on the Radiance, embarking from Vancouver and disembarking at San Pedro (Los angeles). I asked Royal Caribbean about booking a transfer from the ship to LAX, but as I was going on a land tour of Alaska first, then flying to Vancouver, they would not handle transfers unless I booked them coming and going. RCI handled that for me, and their Travel Agency found me a flight back to where we live which was timely and with a reasonable price.

Because of their prices for cruises (as well as flying, etc.), and their services for us as needed, I will always book through RCI, regardless of what cruise line I choose.:)

Archived