Sensation Review from 9/30-10/4 Bahamas Trip

Florida_Native

I too found this post interesting. I was curious, FN, what you really meant by your generalization. Are you implying that the majority of the people on the cruise resembled "rednecks" or lacked class? Could you please be more specific?

I ask this because I shop at Walmart, as do you. Just because I am young and cannot afford a fancy shmancy hoity toity uptight cruise doesn't mean I am a bargain cruiser. By the way, could you please explain what that phrase means? Thank you.

I was on Sensation in August and we seem to have had the SAME experience as Florida_Native. As far as cruisers go, they were the worst passengers that we have ever cruised with and this is comparing it to the CCL ELATION, which is just as cheap...but I loved it.

So please understand that FN was not trying to be "hoity toity". He is giving his best description of the people he encountered in a way everyone can understand.

I'll give you our examples.

--There were kids running wild. And I have kids and if you read any of my past posts you'll see I am the foremost advocate for cruising with kids. These kids were totally out of control. Running down the stairs in herds. Then jumping down the stairwells. Some were trying to see who can make the most gross concoction at the lido beverage station. They were adding food and juice together with napkins. Then left it all for the crew to clean up.

--Someone defecated in the pool on our only sea day which meant no swimming..they had to empty and disinfect the pool.

--Apple cores and garbage thrown in the stairway

--I saw one woman argue for an hour with a bartender that she should get a FREE drink because someone spilled her drink for the second time (he had already given her one free drink). She sat there screaming at this poor bartender. And of course, she had to bring her friends back with her many times just to cuss out the bartender.

--Swimsuits in the DINING ROOM during lunch (yeah that was a first)

I swear we were cruising with cruise illiterates. There is no way to describe it. What was so disappointing is that Elation was so great (same itinerary, SAME ports, same ship class, the passengers were different)

Sensation turned me off the short cheap cruises for a while. In my eyes, NO cruise is a bad cruise. So overall I still had a great time. But I wouldn't cruise Sensation again.

I was on Sensation in August and we seem to have had the SAME experience as Florida_Native. As far as cruisers go, they were the worst passengers that we have ever cruised with and this is comparing it to the CCL ELATION, which is just as cheap...but I loved it.

So please understand that FN was not trying to be "hoity toity". He is giving his best description of the people he encountered in a way everyone can understand.

I swear we were cruising with cruise illiterates. There is no way to describe it. What was so disappointing is that Elation was so great (same itinerary, SAME ports, same ship class, the passengers were different)

Sensation turned me off the short cheap cruises for a while. In my eyes, NO cruise is a bad cruise. So overall I still had a great time. But I wouldn't cruise Sensation again.

Thank you for backing me up with this information. I really don't think anyone can truly understand this unless they have experienced it. The piano bar entertainer on our cruise was not renewing his contract because of the typical cruisers on this ship, and he had worked other ships and lines.

This is toooooo funny. You really made my day with this one. YOU are a Wal-Mart shopper and you went on a cheap cruise. Yet you were "disappointed" and surprised that there were other Wal-Mart shoppers on this cheap cruise??

I never said I was looking for a cheap cruise. I didn't even know this was a cruise "category" until this trip. I found a port that was close, an itenerary we liked, a few comments about a party atmosphere, and we booked it. I'm curious if the cost of the Elation cruise noted above was comparable to the Sensation. I don't think this is all about money. How a person acts and interacts in public is not tied to money or "class". It has more to do with consideration and respect for others.

And who in America hasn't shopped at Wal-Mart? It is interesting though that my general statement evoked such specific stereotypes in the comments above.

FN

I think each ship sailing is unique in its passenger mix. Some sailings will have a more noticeable divergence of passengers some of which are unruly. Also groups can cause problems. We did the Imagination out of Miami Oct 06 and the Elation 2 weeks ago. The Elation mix was a great cruise and the people were wonderful. The Imagination cruise was different and had a loud latin presence in passengers. Still enjoyable but some rough edges to the cruise with the passengers. I would find it hard to say one ship is habitually bad. I'd give the Sensation a try.

Archived