Insurance for Vancouver rountrip on the Spirit

teaach

I booked our Alaska trip in August on the Spirit for 5/14/08. I previously booked insurance through Carnival because it was convenient. I didn't realize there were penalties (preexisting conditions) if you don't book within 21 days of your initial down payment. I discovered the problem when I went to insuremytrip.com. DH and I are in reasonably good health for 64 and 58 year olds. I really didn't understand the preexisting condition thing anyway. We both have minor high blood presure under control. Other than that I don't understand when the insurance company will not pay in case of a problem.:confused: Please offer advice. thanks.

There are a few companies that have a waiver of pre-existing conditions if purchased within 24 hours of final payment. Those are CSA Freestyle Luxe and policies from HTH Worldwide.

Pre-existing conditions covers more than the people traveling. If you have a close family member with medical problems, their pre-existing condition could prevent you from getting your money back if you have to cancel due to their health problems. Different companies have different time requirements to cover pre-existing conditions, with 10-14 days after initial deposit being the usual, and 21 days being less common.

I booked our Alaska trip in August on the Spirit for 5/14/08. I previously booked insurance through Carnival because it was convenient. I didn't realize there were penalties (preexisting conditions) if you don't book within 21 days of your initial down payment. I discovered the problem when I went to insuremytrip.com. DH and I are in reasonably good health for 64 and 58 year olds. I really didn't understand the preexisting condition thing anyway. We both have minor high blood presure under control. Other than that I don't understand when the insurance company will not pay in case of a problem.:confused: Please offer advice. thanks.

If there has been any change in your medical condition then you should get one of the plans that offers coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.

If you have high blood pressure and it is under control (no changes at all), then you would not need the waiver for pre-existing medical conditions.

The waiver is only needed if you have had changes in your medical condition or medication.

Archived