Be Careful!

sagiv666

[quote name='lucywestie']With the advent of digital cameras gone are the days of someone asking me to take a photo with a regular point and shoot...[i was much younger at the time] and cutting off their heads deliberately in the photograph. They never realised till they got them developed....now with digitals they can see the result straight away...big sighhh!! Such fun as a teenager![/quote]

What a horrible thing to do. :mad:

I know that you were much younger than, but these people asked you to do a favor and take a picture so that they could have vacation memories. I would be so upset to have my family lined up in front of the Eiffel Tower or something, then develop to realize that none of them turned out.

The most horrible thing is that you still sound gleeful about it. Shame on you.

[quote name='lucywestie']With the advent of digital cameras gone are the days of someone asking me to take a photo with a regular point and shoot...[i was much younger at the time] and cutting off their heads deliberately in the photograph. They never realised till they got them developed....now with digitals they can see the result straight away...big sighhh!! Such fun as a teenager![/quote]

What is fun about ruining someone's picture? Do you also enjoy torturing animals? How sad.

maybe you should change your name to lucynastie

[quote name='MakinGold']That's certainly possible, but for me, as it stands today, I have a bunch of photo albums full of pictures from vacations, and pretty much every one of those vacations includes at least on picture that was taken by a stranger, so that we could all be in the picture. I won't give that up over the fear that, some day, one of these strangers might run off with my camera.[/quote]

I have a timer on my camera, and I have seen others trying to take group pictures with timers, but in general you do ask others to take pictures of you and your spouse or significant other, and/or your whole family. I don't say do not let someone take your picture, I just watch who they are. For example, if I see a couple, we might make a deal to take pictures of each other with each other's cameras -- and I never worried about them running. This also goes for single individual -- however, if my gut tells me this person or persons isn't or aren't on the up and up (and it hasn't let me down yet), we might wait for others to ask. :rolleyes:

Look any where you go in life someone is out to beat you for something. That is just a fact, but take precautions, wear a money belt and have a robbers wallet setup in your purse or back pocket with $20 in it. Don't carry large amounts of cash with you. Buy travelers checks, don't carry to many credit cards at once. And ask another tourist or a guide or even a security guard who is in uniform with a badge. Yes people get mugged and robbed but you can control how much they get and from where. Just a few simple steps is all it takes. Enjoy the sistine chapel use a money belt that is under your clothing no pickpocket is going to get your shirt up and unhook this thing and run without you noticing.

[quote name='Gonzo70']Besides, it would make for a good story if someone did try to run of with the camera. Furthermore, think of the good exercise chasing the person down.[/quote]

I remember Charles Bronson in "Deathwish 1". after his wife was killed and his daughter raped by a bunch of thieves he became his own vigilante. On the first night he tried it, he put his
expensive camera around his shoulder and walked out. While eating an ice cream cone, a thug came over, yanked his camera away, then started running. Bronson calmly took out a revolver and shot him dead. That's one way to solve this problem.
When I worked at the Health Department (NYC) I felt safest when I would pick up a tube of blood from a nearby hospital. If you get a tube and put some red food coloring and water in it, and carry it around you may be quite safe. Even crooks back away when they worry about AIDS. Ironically this is a "bloodless" solution to the problem.
Any more solutions I give will cost you people money. To save time, just hand your cameras over.:eek:

[quote name='sagiv666']When I worked at the Health Department (NYC) I felt safest when I would pick up a tube of blood from a nearby hospital. If you get a tube and put some red food coloring and water in it, and carry it around you may be quite safe. Even crooks back away when they worry about AIDS. Ironically this is a "bloodless" solution to the problem.
[/quote]

I had to strangely laugh when I read your solution above!! :eek: :) Just goes to show that you don't have to carry a gun around to sometimes get results!!:D

Archived