Movie theater?

symphony

Hmm.....good question.....

Looking at the deck plans for the Voyager class and the Freedom class, all these ships have a place forward on Deck 2 called Screening Room. Should we guess/assume that this is a cinema?

Very, very vaguely I remember going somewhere on the Explorer of the Seas as the first part of going on the "Lab Tour" (this tour is only on the Explorer). The fellows from the Explorer's Oceanographic and Atmospheric Labs gave a little talk and then showed a short film about the labs before taking us on a tour of that portion of the Explorer. I am thinking that this must have been the Screening Room.

Well, I guess this wasn't much of an answer for your question. Sorry. :o

Enjoy your cruise!

Leslie

Hmm.....good question.....

Looking at the deck plans for the Voyager class and the Freedom class, all these ships have a place forward on Deck 2 called Screening Room. Should we guess/assume that this is a cinema?

Very, very vaguely I remember going somewhere on the Explorer of the Seas as the first part of going on the "Lab Tour" (this tour is only on the Explorer). The fellows from the Explorer's Oceanographic and Atmospheric Labs gave a little talk and then showed a short film about the labs before taking us on a tour of that portion of the Explorer. I am thinking that this must have been the Screening Room.

Well, I guess this wasn't much of an answer for your question. Sorry. :o

Enjoy your cruise!

Leslie

Didn't go, but it was listed in the daily compass. They do show movies several times in the screening room. Don't know how big it is, but the compass always included the caveat about limited seating. I remember they even had special times for parents with infants.

Not first run movies, but new releases on video. I remember "Astronaut Farmer" and "Pursuit of Happyness" were showing on our cruise 3 weeks ago. I believe the same movies were on TV in the staterooms in 4-5 different languages. (not always english)

we were on the liberty 3 weeks ago and yes, there is a screening room and it seats around 30 to 40 people. they show 2 different movies a day at different times. they are movies that have recently come out on dvd.

there is a theater, but it is quite small...we didnt use it, but when we got on the ship we had the same question, since every other ship we've been on has had some kind of place to enjoy a movie...it took us until day 3 to realize the screening room was where the movies were:p

Great question, at least for me. I've been on 5 RCI cruises and never went to see the movie theatre. I am sure our ships had them, next time I'm on a RCI ship I'm going to check it out. I had completely forgotten all about them.

Archived