Pierces (or anyone) Can you answer a question???

Thank you for all your help on this board. I love reading what you have to say. I really love all your pictures. You are a phenom!!! :D

My question is this. DH and I are looking at getting a new camcorder. We aren't professionals. We just film, then laugh at the idiotic things we did while filming. So now that you know our level of expertise...NONE...what do you think of the Sony Handycam HDR-SR5? Is this a waste of money and something less expensive will do just as good? The HD had us hooked when we saw the difference of the videos?

Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you for all your help on this board. I love reading what you have to say. I really love all your pictures. You are a phenom!!! :D

My question is this. DH and I are looking at getting a new camcorder. We aren't professionals. We just film, then laugh at the idiotic things we did while filming. So now that you know our level of expertise...NONE...what do you think of the Sony Handycam HDR-SR5? Is this a waste of money and something less expensive will do just as good? The HD had us hooked when we saw the difference of the videos?

Thank you so much for your help.

Forgive the deer-in-the-headlights stare...:eek:

Video just is not my forté. I'm familiar with the formats and all the parts of the process, but I have just never been attracted to the medium. I did some quick research on the Sony and found a lot of favorable comments about the tech, but some disappointment on the lack of good included editing software. That could be corrected with a good, inexpensive package like Ulead's DVD Picture Show.

If you have a laptop, you might consider taking it to a local dealer, film some video and download it to the computer to evaluate.

Good luck!

Dave

Thanks for responding Dave. I truly appreciate it. I found a really good price on one..so I might give it a shot. Edit? Edit? what is that? :rolleyes:

I love reading all your advice to everyone, even though a lot of times I have not a clue what you are saying!!!! But I really love the pictures you post.

Thanks for going out of the way and helping me.

Thanks for responding Dave. I truly appreciate it. I found a really good price on one..so I might give it a shot. Edit? Edit? what is that? :rolleyes:

I love reading all your advice to everyone, even though a lot of times I have not a clue what you are saying!!!! But I really love the pictures you post.

Thanks for going out of the way and helping me.

You're more than welcome!

Coincidentally, I received my current issue of Outdoor Photographer yesterday and when I openened it up this morning, I found it has an article on HD camcorders. Might be worth a look. (At worst, it has really pretty pictures!)

Good luck!

Dave

You're more than welcome!

Coincidentally, I received my current issue of Outdoor Photographer yesterday and when I openened it up this morning, I found it has an article on HD camcorders. Might be worth a look. (At worst, it has really pretty pictures!)

Good luck!

Dave

Would a bookstore like Barnes and Noble have it? Better yet would Walmart?:D

Would a bookstore like Barnes and Noble have it? Better yet would Walmart?:D

WalMart, not likely. Barnes & Noble for sure. In fact, while you're there, take a look at the HD camcorder magazines. I don't know of any for sure, but if there is a dedicated magazine for people who fish with bamboo fly-rods, there will be a magazine for HD camcorders!:D

You never mentioned if you do still photographs too. If so, pick up the Outdoor Photographer too. It has great articles and some good info.

Dave

Good luck!

Dave

Dave,

I have been to 2 different B&N's. All they have out is the October issue and unless I am really blind I am not seeing an article about HD camcorders. Is it in the November issue?

BTW, I notice that you are in S. California. I hope you and yours are not in harms way.

Dave,

I have been to 2 different B&N's. All they have out is the October issue and unless I am really blind I am not seeing an article about HD camcorders. Is it in the November issue?

BTW, I notice that you are in S. California. I hope you and yours are not in harms way.

It is the November issue. If it's not in the stores yet it should be soon. I wasn't aware that my subscription led the news stands by any significant amount!

Here's a link to the online version of the article: http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/content/2007/nov/gadget_bag.shtml

(I didn't send you on a wild goose chase...I wasn't podted earlier! :D )

Dave

Thank you so much. Not totally a wild goose chase. I saw lots of great pictures.

(now if I only knew what they are talking about in the article:rolleyes: )

Have you looked at the articles om my PPTPhoto site? I am building a collection of newbie-friendly info and how-to articles. Click on the image in my signature to go there.

If you have specific questions, just post them. There are several knowledgeable people that scan this board regularly and would be happy to answer (me included).

Happy shooting!

Dave

Have you looked at the articles om my PPTPhoto site? I am building a collection of newbie-friendly info and how-to articles. Click on the image in my signature to go there.

If you have specific questions, just post them. There are several knowledgeable people that scan this board regularly and would be happy to answer (me included).

Happy shooting!

Dave

Will do! I really want to learn to take awesome pictures.

Archived