Distance from Mia airport to Port

Latin Guy

Anyone have an idea of how many miles the distance is? or the name of the port in Miami?

Port of Miami and its roughly 5 or 6 miles on 836.

Take Miami International to 836 East. Go to US1 and go south. Turn left of Port Blvd. Puts you right on Dodge Island (Port of Miami Cruise Terminals).

Does anyone know the price from Fort Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to Miami airport by taxi ? Or can you get the cruiseline shuttle bus for a more reasonable price for 2 people. We are cruising on the Radiance and our plane leaves at 12:21 PM from Miami.

A cab will be expensive as its roughly 35miles (about $80) from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. I would suggest the RCI transfer or renting a car, but with your flight being just after noon than you should make sure that you are in the first group to get off the ship.

I just spoke with a real nice rep. at Crown and Anchor and she said the shuttle is $28.00 per person. They do not recommend flights before 12:30 so I am 9 minutes off. She said to buy the transfers on the ship. We should be O.K. as we are Diamond and get can off early - hopefully with self-disembarkation. A rental car would probably be a mess with shuttles and waiting.

Thanks Again.

Dave

My advice is to NOT use the cruiseline transfers. Even if you are Diamond and get off the ship first, you will still have to wait for the cruiseline transfer to fill up as they do not depart until they are full. They load the buses based on airport and airline, so you could be waiting a while if other people who disembark early aren't going to FLL.

Look for a taxi or a shuttle service.

I just spoke with a real nice rep. at Crown and Anchor and she said the shuttle is $28.00 per person. They do not recommend flights before 12:30 so I am 9 minutes off. She said to buy the transfers on the ship. We should be O.K. as we are Diamond and get can off early - hopefully with self-disembarkation. A rental car would probably be a mess with shuttles and waiting.

Thanks Again.

Dave

Your welcome.:) I find that the shuttle works great and is very prompt, and convienent.

My advice is to NOT use the cruiseline transfers. Even if you are Diamond and get off the ship first, you will still have to wait for the cruiseline transfer to fill up as they do not depart until they are full. They load the buses based on airport and airline, so you could be waiting a while if other people who disembark early aren't going to FLL.

Look for a taxi or a shuttle service.

That hasn't been my experience at all. From the airport to the port the buses wait to be filled but from the port to the airport they leave at the scheduled time. I just took the shuttle 2 weeks ago from San Pedro to LAX and the two times given were 8am and 11am. The bus left promptly at 8am and had to stop twice for people running to the bus. After stopping the 2nd time the bus driver gave strict instructions for no one to look out the window that way we couldn't see the last minute runners cause he wasn't going to stop again.:p :D

Does anyone know the price from Fort Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to Miami airport by taxi ? Or can you get the cruiseline shuttle bus for a more reasonable price for 2 people. We are cruising on the Radiance and our plane leaves at 12:21 PM from Miami.

If all fails ask this company. I use them all the time. Best prices in town.

Quality Limo Service <info@qualitylimoservice.com>

And no, I don't own the company, have no stake in it and the people are total strangers to me. Just real good decent priced service.

Edit: make sure you ask for Port Everglades, not Fort Everglades. ;) :D

That hasn't been my experience at all. From the airport to the port the buses wait to be filled but from the port to the airport they leave at the scheduled time. I just took the shuttle 2 weeks ago from San Pedro to LAX and the two times given were 8am and 11am. The bus left promptly at 8am and had to stop twice for people running to the bus. After stopping the 2nd time the bus driver gave strict instructions for no one to look out the window that way we couldn't see the last minute runners cause he wasn't going to stop again.:p :D

In Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, they don't have a scheduled time to depart, they wait until the bus is filled and then they send it on to the airport. Believe me, I sat on a bus after I had boarded it for over 30 minutes one time waiting for it to fill up so it could depart, and I was not the first person to board the bus.

In Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, they don't have a scheduled time to depart, they wait until the bus is filled and then they send it on to the airport. Believe me, I sat on a bus after I had boarded it for over 30 minutes one time waiting for it to fill up so it could depart, and I was not the first person to board the bus.

Tough call on what to do. I can't see how with all the congestion you can find or get to a shuttle service other than the cruise line's. In Miami I have been off the ship as early as 7:00 AM, Fort Lauderdale not before 8:30 or 9:00.

Tough call on what to do. I can't see how with all the congestion you can find or get to a shuttle service other than the cruise line's. In Miami I have been off the ship as early as 7:00 AM, Fort Lauderdale not before 8:30 or 9:00.

The cruiseline buses board in a different area than taxis and shuttles, at least in Miami.

When we caught a taxi to MIA after disembarking from Freedom, the bus to MIA and the bus to FLL were sitting there waiting for people who had bought transfers. We walked past them at 7:55 am, the FLL transfer bus had nobody on it, the MIA had maybe 12 people. The buses are full size greyhound buses (60 capacity?). So if you have to get to FLL, I'd rent a car.

Archived