Legend of the Seas OV vs Balcony cabin size

Hi all you experienced Legend of the Seas cruisers,

I need help deciding on a cabin for my upcoming 12 night Med cruise. I'm booked in an oceanview but am worried the cabin (154 sq ft) might be a bit small for that long a cruise. The balcony cabins seem quite a bit bigger (192 sq ft, balcony 38 sq ft) but there are no balcony cabins available for the date we've chosen and I'm considering changing dates(same itinerary) in order to get one.

Sometimes the way a cabin is arranged makes all the difference and it doesn't SEEM as small as it really is. I guess my question is if anyone felt the regular oceanview cabins felt a little too claustrophobic. I know there is a window allowing sunlight/views but sometimes even that is not enough. I will be traveling with my 14 yr old son and the only other cruise we've been on together was the Disney Magic and we LOVED their larger staterooms.

I know it's a port intensive cruise but just might be worth the extra $$ to splurge on a balcony if the oceanview is a little too confining. Growing boys need their space ya know and sometimes it's not fun being TOO close to mom ;)

Thanks in advance!

Mom from NC

Hi,

Having done both an OV and a balcony, definately go for the balcony. We were on the Legend and had a balcony on the stern. It was wonderful. Have had side balconies but this was the best. On the Vision, which is a sister ship to the Legend, we had an oceanview and had the windows get full of salt and guys washing our windows at some unexpected times. I say...go for the balcony and if you can get it..a one on deck 7 was great, right in the middle which gave us a great view

Anne

Thanks CB and Gogispu for your input!

So guess what. I go to change dates to the ONLY other time we can travel and wouldn't you know it, all balcony cabins sold out on that date as well. :(

When I booked this cruise last week during the WOW sale and there were no balcony cabins available, the RCCL agent supposedly put me on a balcony cabin waitlist for the that date. He said he would call me directly if one became available. I've been checking RCCL's site daily just in case and am hoping they call everyone on the waitlist BEFORE they post availability on the website. I really want a balcony and don't want to miss the opportunity.

Has anyone ever had luck on a cabin waitlist?

Just got off the phone with RCCL and boy am I glad I called to double check. It just so happens the agent who booked my original reservation DIDN'T put me on the balcony cabin waitlist afterall. I know it was busy during the WOW sale but I'm very disappointed just the same.

Oh well. Can't do anything about the past but the good news is I'm now on the balcony cabin waitlist and according to the new RCCL agent, those on the waitlist are contacted first before the cabin is posted on the website. Unfortunately, he was not able to tell me where I was on that waitlist but with 9 months before our cruise date, he felt sure we'd get lucky.

Keeping fingers crossed one comes thru for me! :rolleyes:

Archived