Anyone used Capri Eventi for excursion in Capri?

You might want to do a little research and carefully consider price/benefit on a Capri tour. Its a very easy island to tour on your own, and most touring is just walking through the streets of Capri Town. You can catch the high speed ferry (jetboat or hydrofoil) from the pier that is near the ship (less than 10 min walk) which is the same transportation used by all the tours. Once you arrive on Capri (Marina Grande) you can catch a boat to the Blue Grotto (if you have the desire) as you walk off the ferry pier, or take the Funicular up to Capri Town. From Capri Town you can (if you want) take the local bus up to Anacapri where you can catch the chair lift up to the top of the mountain (spectacular views). There are several "tourist information booths" on the island, most of the locals speak English and its a very safe place. My DW likes to return every couple of years since the island is just so darn civilized and has lots of great (but expensive) shopping/browsing.

Hank

Hey Hank!

Thanks so much for the advice on touring Capri. That actually does sound pretty easy. But there are some people in our group who are older and who like the security of having a local there to take care of all the details. Maybe I can persuade them that we can do it on our own. :)

Thanks again!

Keep in mind that when you are in Capri Town, the only way to see the place is on foot (its too small and driving in town is not practical). If the ole folks (count me in that category) need a guide to walk through a few streets than I am sure there is somebody willing to take your Euros. If you want to see the parts of the island that are not in Capri Town or Anacapri it does make sense to hire a car, although any taxi can easily take you through the three or four roads that make-up the remainder of the small island.

Hank

Archived