Care Vacations

jay44

I'm probably being completely paranoid here.

In an earlier thread I was recommended Care Vactions to help dad with his oxygen on his up and coming cruise.

I have been corresponding with someone at Care Vactions, and it suddenly dawned me that they are using a hotmail address.

Thing is, if this is such a big company why would they be using a hotmail address? I've been told in the past, to approach with caution, any busineses using hotmail.

It's vital that dad gets his oxygen concentrator on his cruise.

Help! :confused:

I don't think you're being paranoid -- after all, this recommendation presumably came to you from an anonymous someone on these boards, so you really don't know with whom you're dealing. Does this company have a a website or other Internet presence? Do they have a telephone number/address? Perhaps you could contact the Better Business Bureau in the state/county in which this company is located (most times the BBB databases are available online) and see how their rating is. Did you contact the medical department at Princess to see who they recommended for oxygen? If not, perhaps you could contact them now and see if they know of/recommend this company. I too would be wary of a business that uses a hotmail account -- sounds highly unprofessional. Good luck.

Hi Jay-

I am the one who recommended this company... their email address is: csa@carevacations.com

If you go to Carevacations.com it has all the info there. I don't know why they would be using a hotmail account, they never have in the past.

Here is the info straight from the web site:

CareVacations CSA

#5, 5110 - 50 Ave, Leduc, Alberta, Canada, T9E 6V4

Leduc AB T9E 6V4

(780) 986-6404

(877) 478-7827 [toll free]

(780) 986-8332 [fax]

csa@carevacations.com

http://www.carevacations.com

I agree, a hotmail account would be pretty fishy to me too. Please get back to us and let us know how this all works out. Like I had said in my past posting we used them for my Grandmother who needed a wheelchair.... of course oxygen is a whole different thing.

Good luck!!

I have used Care Vacatons for the last 10 years with no problem...I have always had a good experience with their 877 number. I have rented both wheelchairs and electric scooters from them. There customer service was excellent the one time we had a problem with a scooter.

Do not be afraid to use them...

Check out the Disability forum on this board for more informaion

Good Luck

Just to update.

I telephoned Care Vactions (the toll free number does not work from the UK!) and spoke to a very nice lady, who reasurred me about the hotmail address.

So I think I am just about ready to book my dad's oxygen, just have to get a perscription now.

Thanks for all your advice!

Archived