Passport arrived!!!

wannacruisemore

Summer rush is over so they seem to be processing very quickly. DH received his in 2 weeks and mine came a week later. We were quite impressed since we had been worried that we may not get them in time for our cruise. We did NOT pay for expediting.

Earlier this month my husband applied for his passport 2 days before our son and me. DH's came on Day 9 and his documents were returned on Day 12. Our passports came on Day 21 (this past Saturday) and our documents arrived home today.

We did not pay to expedite.

Question........What is the new date you must have a PassPort??

I know you should have one and i do have mine but a friend is sailing in Jan (no flying) she tells me she will not need one because she called and asked. I can't keep track of all the extended dates, anybody know the new dates?

Question........What is the new date you must have a PassPort??

I know you should have one and i do have mine but a friend is sailing in Jan (no flying) she tells me she will not need one because she called and asked. I can't keep track of all the extended dates, anybody know the new dates?

As early as Summer of 2008

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/New_Passport_Requirements.aspx

What are the new passport requirements? spacer.gifCRUISE TRAVEL The U.S. Government will soon require all of our guests (including U.S. citizens) to be in possession of a valid passport when traveling on any Carnival cruise. Foreign nationals should contact their respective governments to obtain further details. This requirement may become effective as early as Summer 2008.

Carnival strongly recommends that all guests travel with a valid passport during their cruise. This will enable guests to fly from the U.S. to meet their ship at the first port should they miss their scheduled embarkation; and allow guests that must debark the ship before their cruise ends to fly back to the U.S. without significant delays and complications. Additionally, it will greatly help to expedite their debark process.

Archived