Chops/Portofino Reservations

oshkosh1

We will be on the Jewel in March. When do they start taking reservations for Chops & Portofino? We plan on boarding early, and would like to make our reservs as early as possible in order to make sure we get the times and days we are looking for.

Also - is the fee $25 per person?

Thanks!

In August on the Serenade it was 20$ per person. As soon as you board go to the restaurants ( they are practically next to each other) and make your reservations. When we boarded at 11 am they were taking reservations.If you are in a suite then you can make them ahead of time.

We just got off the Liberty. At dinner the first day, our waiter advised us to RUN to Chops as soon as dinner was over to make reservations. We didn't and went Sunday morning instead. Guess what - they were completely full for the entire cruise and already had a waiting list.

We placed our name on the list for two differenct eveings and we we fortunate enough to get in on our first choice.

Be warned, if you have any inclination that you might want to eat there, make your reservations as soon as you board. You can always cancel if

your plans change.

Our charge was $20 per person but I recall on past Navigator cruises, the fee was $25 per person.

I think you were had. :D We have been on Navigator twice - Feb 2007 and Feb 2006. The charge for us was only $20 per person at both Chops and Portofino's - both years. ;)

No they are correct - it actually was $25 on the Naviagator for a few years. Our Navigator cruise was in 2004.

###

No they are correct - it actually was $25 on the Naviagator for a few years. Our Navigator cruise was in 2004.

###

I didn't say they were wrong - as to their experience. :) I was just saying that we were charged $20 all 4 times we ate in Navigator specialty venues. The part about "being had" was said in jest...

Let me echo the good advice. You'll hear from loosy-goosy folks who don't want to be on a schedule that they walked in and got a table. Lucky for them. Take care of it as you board and then go enjoy!

If we go to Portofino first will they know if there is going to be a murder mystery night--I recall they were vague abt it & we ended up missing it...Is that reserved at the rest. or through another means?

We really want to go to Chops one night but are not sure how early we will be able to make a reservation because we are in a wedding taking place before we leave. If we go over there Sunday evening should we still be able to get a reservation??

We would also like to eat in the speciality restaurants, but need to time it in with when the kids are taken to eat by the Adventure Ocean. How will we know when they do their 'kids dine nights' in order for us to book a table at one of the restaurants before they are full????

Archived