Parking in Miami

der93711

I haven't sailed out of Miami recently, but I looked at the website and they have indeed raised the parking fee to $20.00 per day. :mad: The last time that I did park there, which was about a year ago, it was less expensive.

However, if you by chance have a Disabled Parking Permit, you park in the garage or in the open fields FREE. (unless they've changed that also.) I guess when you have a captive audience, the old saw comes out that says "whatever the traffic will bear". :rolleyes:

I can confirm that a disabled parking permit gets you free parking, although (according to my Dad) there are no HC-designated spaces. It's possible he just didn't see the spaces, or didn't want to use one since he had already dropped my wheelchair-bound DH off along with Mom and me.

Also, for no added charge, you can have your convertible top slashed and your radio stolen as happened to us at the Miami Pier a few years ago. That's the kind of security you get for your twenty bucks a day.

Bruce

So where do you recommend parking in Miami? This will be our first time driving and I'd love to have some advice. We are from Rhode Island and don't know anything about Miami.

Thanks

Beth

Since you are driving to Miami from RI, I must assume that you will possibly get there a day or two before the cruise. If that's the case, I would check hotels in Miami and see if you can find one not too far from the pier that would allow you to park your vehicle in their parking lot for the duration of the cruise. Also, make sure that they have shuttle service to and from the pier. Give it a shot........you have nothing to lose. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the hotel advice - I'm sure that would be a better way to go. BUT we are driving from Orlando on the day we board our ship so we won't be staying in a hotel. Any other advice?? I've seen parking outside the cruise port but don't know anything about it.

Beth

There is a pretty good place for you to park if you're interested. Go to a website http://www.unitedairportparking.com and fill out your information in on that website. I looked at it and the price was about $75.00 with shuttle service to and from the port. Considering that parking at the port itself would cost about $140.00 for the week, United Airport Parking is a good deal. Check it out. ;)

Archived