How long of a drive from FLL to MIA?

stargate fan

I have read many great posts about renting a car, hiring a limo service, and/or catching a taxi from FLL to MIA. What I have not seen is how long of a drive it actually is. I found out that the two are 19 miles apart, but nowhere do I see mentioned the time it takes. Is it an easy drive? Is it scenic or highway? (My husband will most likely be doing the driving and we are very unfamiliar with the area.)

We are a family of four cruising in July out of POM. Airfare from BOS to FLL is about $80-100 per person less expensive than BOS to MIA. We are planning on spending the night in Miami pre-cruise. Is driving/limo-ing/taxi-ing worth saving $320-400 or is it too much of a hassle? (Boy, that does sound like a lot of money.)

Thanks.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=ft+lauderdale&daddr=miami&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.943777,81.738281&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1

it depends..you can do the above route...on the highway in about 30-40 minutes...or you could do a scenic route down route 1 and/or A1A and see 'stuff' and take up to/over an hour.....depends on what you want to see and how fast you want to get there....either way it is easy......you may have some traffic and/or constructon and/or lights, but it isn't hard at all.......plus you are from the boston area so you are probably used to traffic! it isn't like you are coming from a town with dirt roads and no traffic lights!!!:D

if you have AAA ask them to map it out for you both ways.....or you can do it yourself on the internet....)but if you have AAA you PAID for them to make a map/triptik for you!!)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=ft+lauderdale&daddr=miami&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=28.943777,81.738281&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1

it depends..you can do the above route...on the highway in about 30-40 minutes...or you could do a scenic route down route 1 and/or A1A and see 'stuff' and take up to/over an hour.....depends on what you want to see and how fast you want to get there....either way it is easy......you may have some traffic and/or constructon and/or lights, but it isn't hard at all.......plus you are from the boston area so you are probably used to traffic! it isn't like you are coming from a town with dirt roads and no traffic lights!!!:D

if you have AAA ask them to map it out for you both ways.....or you can do it yourself on the internet....)but if you have AAA you PAID for them to make a map/triptik for you!!)

We live about an hour north of Boston in NH. My husband can maneuver the city pretty well.

AAA is an EXCELLENT idea. Why didn't I think of it? We always make our own TripTiks online.

Thanks for the info.

I I found out that the two are 19 miles apart, but nowhere do I see mentioned the time it takes. Is it an easy drive?

Now for the short answer, yes it's an easy drive. Approximately 40-45 minutes between FLL and POM. ;)

//////////////

Archived