RCCL TUX rental

paulabr

My husband usually rents one. He visits Men's Wearhouse or similar to get current measuements and orders online at cruiseline formalwear. The tux is usually waiting in our stateroom. He's never had any fitting issues, but there is also a tailor onboard the ship who is able to make alterations or exchanges. We have been very satisfied with the service and luggage room savings. :)

Go to http://www.cruiselineformal.com, print out the form and take it to your local tux shop to get measurements and then you can do everything online. They seem to run pretty true to size, hubby is a 40 reg and that is the tux size he took.

When you get on board it will be waiting in the closet for you or within the first couple of hours they will bring it. Make sure hubby tries it on and if there is any problems they will take care of it right away. We have done it several times now and it was great.

Thinking about renting a tux for my husband. Can someone tell me how they fit & if they run true to size? I also see they have different kinds. This will save room in the suitcase.

I have used the cruiseline tux rental company on any number of cruises and have been quite satisfied with the fit and look of the tuxes in almost every instance. On our last cruise, the trousers were several inches too long, but they were able to alter them in time for me to wear them on our first formal night. I strongly recommend checking the outfit as soon as it is delivered so that should there be any problem, there will be adequate time to deal with it.

I own a tux but renting one for a cruise really saves a lot of space and weight especially in a time when airline luggage weight restrictions can be a problem.:)

Archived