Rental car from MCO to Cocoa Beach

dmpuszcz

I know I read in these threads that if you signed up as a preferred memer for one of the car rental companies you didn't have to go to the counter at Orlando airport - you could just pick up your keys and go. Anyone have info or suggestions on the best car rental to use from MCO to Cocoa Beach? Thanks for any suggestions.

I know I read in these threads that if you signed up as a preferred memer for one of the car rental companies you didn't have to go to the counter at Orlando airport - you could just pick up your keys and go. Anyone have info or suggestions on the best car rental to use from MCO to Cocoa Beach? Thanks for any suggestions.

Here is a list of the rental cars companies located here in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

Car Rental

All agree that the cheapest option is to rent a car one-way from the airport, drive to the port, drop luggage/family off at port, drop rental car off and take rental car shuttle back to the port. Repeat in reverse for your post-cruise trip back to the airport. Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Enterprise all have drop off locations and free round trip shuttles very close to the port (companies are listed in order of closeness to the port). These five places are open on Sundays and their port shuttles start early in the morning until the afternoon.

National does not have shuttle service to the port. Enterprise has a location on Merritt Island which is a barrier island between the mainland and the beach. They will shuttle you both ways during normal business hours which are M-f 9-6 and Sat 9-12. The closest Dollar car rental is on South Babcock in Melbourne which is about 20 to 25 mins away from the port. Your best bets are Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Hertz and Enterprise.

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

The General Manager is Shakeira Tennort and what a sweetie - she said they have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - Stopped by today and spoke to Shakeira the assistant manager and now they are opened 7 days a week. The email address is shakeira.l.tennort@erac.com

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE OFF THE DISBOARD OK?

Their hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 6PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you also - another of my favorite places

http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com

Archived