Wearing my bathrobe....

sugarsparkles

I was on Legend 10/7-10/14 and they had a party on the lido deck called Bathrobes and Funnels where you were encouraged to wear your bathroom to the party and to Bingo that night.

Now THAT I want to see!!!! :D

WE all (8 of us) wore our Bathrobes to the Lido and along with a couple of bottles of champayne, we had WONDERFUL pictures!! They should have this setting as a casual night photo!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=60951&stc=1&d=1193413784

Now, this is a party I would be more into...Robe with Champagne...

Iggipolka...the catagory 11 & catagory 12 cabins aboard the Fantasy class ship. Usually the cabins with a balcony, the suites and penthouses have bathrobes. I have never heard of any other cabins having them.

Don

All Carnival staterooms are supposed to have bathrobes. I did notice when we had a Cat 11 on Pride, our robes were nicer than our friends in the balcony room next to us and our friends with interior rooms had the same kindas our other friends had.

I am definitely not a clothing snob, but seeing someone wear their bathrobe to breakfast in the Red Sail dining room on our last Glory cruise made even me take a second look. :o

I saw a woman wearing her bathroom in the dining room, not the buffet, for breakfast! This was on Victory.

I personally would never wear the robe outside of my own cabin or my balcony!!:eek: :eek:

I wouldn't either. But it really doesn't matter to me if someone wears it like a bathing suit cover up on the lido deck. It's not like it's indecent or anything,:) just not your typical pool wear.

I have to agree with Donna and Chris and the others.....

I had three bathrobes last week on the Liberty and it never occurred to me to wear them in the public venues of the ship. There was one in my room and then two more which were perks from my TA.

I've been on Celebrity three times and they always seemed to request that you definitely not wear the bathrobes in the public areas... They even specified that they shouldn't be worn to and from the spa..... wear a cover-up instead.

There should be no reason to see fat guys in speedos or fluffy gals in bikinis in the Lido or other areas other than the pool deck. Anyone with even a modicum of class would wear either a cover-up if a woman or a pair of shorts and a t-shirt if a guy.

Last week, I did see a few people in the Lido and public areas in robes... maybe a total of five or six... and they definitely looked out of place and like they didn't have a clue.

Also, there's a huge difference between a planned PJ or bathrobe party where the costume is intended to be ironic and satirical and wearing them because you just don't know any better.

Just my opinion.... humble as always. :)

Allen

I agree that bathrobes on the lido deck are not appropriate. To me this is an item that should be work after getting out of the shower/bath or around ones cabin, not in public areas. I can't imagine someone in a hotel coming down in the lobby area with one on and a ships spaces are somewhat the same.

i cant imagine ever having as much fun in a hotel lobby as on a cruise ship. :D i guess speedo and thong night would be against federal law, i guess i must take fun ship the wrong way:rolleyes:

I had never really thought about it. I have seen some folks on the Lido deck and wished to hell that they would put a bathrobe on...

ROTFL! I SO agree.

However, I would never wear a bathrobe outside my cabin. But that's just me. :)

Iggipolka...the catagory 11 & catagory 12 cabins aboard the Fantasy class ship. Usually the cabins with a balcony, the suites and penthouses have bathrobes. I have never heard of any other cabins having them.

Don

I had a 6C cabin on Paradise last week and we had two robes in the closet. Didn't use them, though. Maybe I should've worn one in Ensenada. :D

On our Freedom pre-Inaugural cruise, we saw KATHY IRELAND walking around in her bathrobe, watching the active volcano. If she can do it, I can do it, although I won't look as cute as she did, I'm sure. :D

Well, you can take that argument even farther and argue that if Britney and Paris can do it, you can do it. :D

Archived