Hello! Question about Ultimate Balcony Dining Experience!

DDofcruisemaniac

Hello!

I am an official lurker on this site, but today I decided to do my first post!

Alright, so my daughter (5), mom (64), husband (32) and I (31) will sail aboard the Caribbean Princess in March of 08. Background info: My father passed 3 years ago and was an avid cruiser and I personally made the decision to keep the yearly family cruise alive.

So, I was looking into the balcony dining thingy, and it seems to me like it is targeted to couples, etc. I am personally thinking that it would be wonderful for us 4 to do this on our balcony (we booked a VS suite)...but, obviously paying $50 for a child dinner seems a bit over the top!

Have any of you done this with children? Did they charge for them? Is it possible to only order 3 special dinners, and 1 non special?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

I have thought of this...but I am also thinking that maybe (on the same night) you cannot have some people order the Ultimate Balcony thingy while others order from the regular menu, as I presume that everyone would benefit from the Ultimate Balcony service. :confused:

I am surre it would be no problem. And they might work out something even better, just ask when you call room service after boarding to set up your dinner.

You all will have a fabulous time I am sure.

We had the UBD for 8 on our Vista Suite balcony and it was quite memorable.

Have a great cruise,

Mike:)

I can't see this as being a huge problem Princess is very accomodating in regards to the UBD. I would simply order a room service meal for the child and have her join you for dinner at the table. Check when you book the dinner once you board but I can't see them giving you any problems about it.

I am surre it would be no problem. And they might work out something even better, just ask when you call room service after boarding to set up your dinner.

You all will have a fabulous time I am sure.

We had the UBD for 8 on our Vista Suite balcony and it was quite memorable.

Have a great cruise,

Mike:)

I totally agree with Mike... it won't be a problem for them. Just order a regular dinner from room service. The same waiters will probably bring it up when they bring the UBD first course. Also keep in mind that one of the specialty dining venues might be a good alternative to this. I haven't been to Sabatini's but I hear it's really good if you enjoy Italian fare.

Your biggest problem is going to be getting through the next 4 months of anticipation!! My next cruise is in 30 days (if you don't count today!!!) and it feels like that is never going to get here. How quickly the time passes once you're there however.

ENJOY!!

Thank you for your responses! It makes sense if you think about it

(I guess I always see any potential screw up for every situation! lol)

And yes, I was quite excited when I booked, but then the "March 08" started to sink in..:( This is how I now see it - Halloween is around the corner, then it's the holidays...so from now until Jan it doesn't really count. Jan is boring so I will shop for things for the cruise, so really, it's almost February if you think about it! ;)

Thanks!

Archived