Snorkeling from the beach-Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk

Susie51

It was only ok, stay toward the left looking from the beach--toward where the shuttles come in. We see more fish snorkeling in the local quarry!!

Beautiful spot, not many fish though, but we weren't feeding them.

On Grand Turk, we went diving--very nice. But no snorkeling data.

My husband and I rented a scooter for about $40 and snorkeled from the beaches at several sites. The "wall" seems like it was quite a distance from the shore and is where most of the fish and coral was...and I am not as brave as my husband about swimming so I stayed nearer the shoreline but saw plenty of fish and really enjoyed it! There were also buoys marking dive/snorkeling sites and we followed a few snorkelers to see some nice coral and sea life. It was really a beautiful island with wild horses, etc. Hope this helps and you enjoy!!

Snorkeling from the beach at Half Moon Cay is less than exciting, unless you're a beginner and happy with seeing "anything" under water.

It's shallow and sandy in the snorkel area, so by late morning or afternoon, the water isn't clear enough to see much.

One time we took the snorkel excursion on the island and snorkeled from a boat. The viewing is great, but the current was strong the day we were there. You need to be prepared to swim and not just float if you opt for this.

It's such a beautiful island with so many activities. Loved the parasailing and jetskis. Have a great time! :):):)

Archived