Rhapsody to Alaska???

okiemom

Thinking of cruising the Rhapsody in September 2008 or 09. Never have taken a cruise on Royal Caribbean. Sailed NCL & Carnival. Pleased with both. Any suggestions or ideas on Rhapsody? We are looking at the Royal Family Suite. Me, hubby & our 2 boys sharing with friend, her hubby and their 2 boys. Has anyone stayed in this cabin before? Any comments are welcomed so please reply. thanks in advance!:)

The only thing I can offer is that 2008 will be Rhapsody's first year in AK. My first choice would be Radiance, given her itinerary and the amount of glass on the ship that enhances viewing. I'm also not a fan of Rhapsody's itinerary; you barely see Alaska.

Lot of better choices to see Alaska, IMO...

I agree, if this is your first trip to Alaska do a Radiance class, out of Vancouver. Much more scenery and the gorgeous Hubbard Glacier. Many ships don't make it into Tracy arm to see the Sawyer Glaciers and that is Rhapsody's Itinerary. I was actually thinking of that trip for our second Alaska cruise, and am trying to figure out what month is the best chance at Tracy Arm.

• 2 weeks later...

in the 78,000 ton range. Easiest ship we have ever been on for getting around!!!! She is 9 years old but went through a refurb earlier this year and is in great condition.

Her crew, while in Texas, had the reputation of being the friendliest in the entire fleet. Reports coming from the South Pacific re-affirm the quality of the staff.

We spent 26 days on the Rhapsody as she sailed out of Galveston for the last time, this was our 4th cruise on her and I can honestly say there were no vibrations this last cruise. We had table # 118 and sat there for all 26 days and had no vibrations nor did we have any in our stateroom on the 8th deck or friends rooms on 3rd and 4th decks. There is some age showing but this is just the right size ship for us!

we are on Rhapsody in Sept 08 and cant wait. We know the itinerary is great...but we were just on Vision and since they are sister ships we were looking forward to it thinking it would give us a good idea of what to expect next year on Rhapsody...boy I cant wait to go to Alaska!!! There are so many public areas on the ship with floor to ceiling glass that no matter where you stay on the ship you will have great views throughout the trip. Most of the lounges on board are situated with great views out the ship, and the solarium is nice as well...it will be a great way to enjoy a Sept day in Alaska poolside

to answer the op's question, the radiance class ships are in the medium range as far as size. they are bigger than the rhapsody, but not as big as the voyager classes. i am looking into booking an alaska cruise as well, and all of my friends that have sailed to alaska all say take the serenade because there is so much glass that you have a great view everywhere on the ship.

We have also been to Alaska on the Rhapsody, it was a great cruise. The Rhapsody has done the Alaska cruise many times. We are going to Alaska again in 08 but this time we are going on the Radiance.

The Radiance class is the medium size class, the Rhapsody is the Vision class and smaller. Still, not a bad cruise at all. We loved it.

Which ever one you choose will be enjoyable, no doubt...

We will be on the Rhapsody too next September. I know she isn't as big as the huge mega ships, but that's we we love her. So easy to get around, no huge crowds, and she's a beautiful ship. I kind of missed her when we were on the giant Conquest last January. It will be good to be on her again. I love that ship!! :D

karshrimp

We were on the Conquest in December 06, it was a nice ship but we really prefer the smaller more intimate ships. Easier to get around and less people. Staff seems friendlier on the smaller ships we've been on too.:)

• 6 months later...

Archived