arrived back from 2 nighter dawn

Lefty1

well we are home - we had a nice time - the ship came down with a virus the night before we sailed so extra precautions were taken before we got onboard - when we did get on board, we are not allowed into cabins until 4 which made alot of unhappy people - we snuck in our cabin to put our luggage down so that was a good thing for us but watching those with their luggage was not a happy site - food to me was not good - not sure if it was because it was a 2 niter but the cafe we did not help ourselves getting drinks or food - is this normal on the dawn where when u want a cup of coffee/ice tea/water, someone has to give do it for u - when i went up for salad, they had to give it to me -- i know when i was on carnival, we helped ourselves so was just curious if things have changed.

as weather was not on our side, a little rocky but i was okay - saturday it was not raining but still the sea was not so great.

we ate in the blue lagoon as i liked their barbeque wings - other than that it was okay. can u believe with all the sanitizing they were doing before we go on board, in the blue lagoon on the day we boarded, on the floor was a used condom (seriously) - a woman spotted it and it was just not a good site.

other than that the 2 niter was much better than the one niter we did on dawn last year.

oh well...time to laundry now

well we are home - we had a nice time - the ship came down with a virus the night before we sailed so extra precautions were taken before we got onboard - when we did get on board, we are not allowed into cabins until 4 which made alot of unhappy people - we snuck in our cabin to put our luggage down so that was a good thing for us but watching those with their luggage was not a happy site - food to me was not good - not sure if it was because it was a 2 niter but the cafe we did not help ourselves getting drinks or food - is this normal on the dawn where when u want a cup of coffee/ice tea/water, someone has to give do it for u - when i went up for salad, they had to give it to me -- i know when i was on carnival, we helped ourselves so was just curious if things have changed.

as weather was not on our side, a little rocky but i was okay - saturday it was not raining but still the sea was not so great.

we ate in the blue lagoon as i liked their barbeque wings - other than that it was okay. can u believe with all the sanitizing they were doing before we go on board, in the blue lagoon on the day we boarded, on the floor was a used condom (seriously) - a woman spotted it and it was just not a good site.

other than that the 2 niter was much better than the one niter we did on dawn last year.

oh well...time to laundry now

Lefty, I was on the cruise before yours which is the 12 day Canadian trip. One week into the trip the virus hit some passengers and then the buffet was being handled by the dining staff. I did not mind this but it was hard at times when they would give you one piece instead of understanding you wanted two or three as the portions on the buffet were cut very small. They had someone dispensing the drinks also, but again the first week you helped yourself to coffee tea, milk. I did find in my stateroom a pair of socks that someone had forgotten the other cruise.

Mysteryfan.

We are booked on the 2 night Dawn April cruise. If I may ask a few questions.

What shows were in the main showroom? Hope not Bollywood (saw that twice already, and once was enough!)

Was the New York Deli open in the buffet area?

Also, asking Gold members: Did you receive the basket with fruit and wine?

Sorry about the virus, guess that couldn't be helped. Hope everyone had a good time in spite of this.

I know there were a bunch of you on this cruise so I am still hoping to get answers to my questions.

Did anyone see the shows???

Are any of you Gold Members???

Would appreciate any info. Thanks

well i know my daughter saw a comedian show - on saturday they had a halloween costume party so not sure what other entertainment had. they did have things to do even though it was a 2 day cruise -- the spa was opened and i enjoyed that - yes the ny deli was opened but not as much food as i would have liked - not sure if they cut down because it was a 2 niter or that is just they way it is.

like i said as they had the infection prior to cruise, they were extremely careful in spreading the germs again. you could not serve yourself in cafe, not even a drink and that really slowed up things and to me food was cold. as it was my daughter's birthday the day we set sail, we had room service and to me, the food was better.

well at least i got to go away and even though the weather was not great, it did not stop me from sitting on my balcony in the morning, sipping my coffee.

We were on the 2-day cruise. The average age was 45.2. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Although the ship was sold out it didn't seem so crowded.

Besides the comedian the other show was "Band on the Run". We've seen it before. It is worth seeing. I never noticed anything different about the food. We ate in Cagney's the first night and Salsa the second. Ate at the buffet for lunch. Breakfast in our cabin. I'd do it again but we wouldn't get a penthouse. We'd stuff everyone into an inside cabin. Save the $ for the drinks. LOL

Archived