Paris Resturants?

stanjj111

Sorry this is not a restaurant recommendation, but I can highly recommend the take away crepes you will see all over Paris. Prices are around 2-4 E per crepe ( maybe up to 6 E in the real tourist spots). Try the ham and cheese crepe ( makes a filling meal), or the yummy nutella crepes. They make them fresh when you order them. Our family of 4 ate for 12E one evening and thorougly enjoyed our meal. Have fun in Paris! It is a wonderful city.

My favorite Paris restaurant for a special experience is Les saveurs de Flora, restaurant gastronomique à Paris

(the link is to my blog review).

They have a fixed price menu for around 35 euros I think. It's near the Champs Elysees. We enjoyed it so much last fall we broke our no-restaurant-repeats rule to return this summer/

Another favorite is L’Epi Dupin

Their tatin of endive and goat cheese is to die for -- worth a return flight. They're near Le Bon Marche/La Grand Epicerie -- a fantastic place to stock up on gourmet treats to take home.

You'll need to book both these places ahead.

I would echo the previous posts recommendation regarding L'Epi Dupin. Another reasonably priced restaurant that we have long likes is called LE BISTRO DE BRETEUIL ,3, PLACE DE BRETEUIL,75007 PARIS. This restaurant is a little out of the way in the 7th but is walkable from the metro. They used to have a Prix Fixe dinner for 32 Euros that was a real bargain for Paris. We are not sure of the current price, but will certainly be back at this restaurant on our next trip to Paris (probably next May). Bistro Bretuil is where my wife discovered the joys of perfectly prepared escargot.

Hank

La Taverne 2, Place de l'Odéon 75006 Paris, France. On a nice day you can sit outside and sample mussels and Adelscott beer.

Cafe Bonaparte 42, r Bonaparte 75006 Paris, France (just down from Les Deux Magots) On a nice day you can sit outside and have a nice omelette with a Leffe blonde.

Brasserie l'Île St-Louis, 55, quai Bourbon On a nice day you can sit outside to try charcroute or cassolet and they serve a great onion tart with Alsacian beer.

L'Atlas 11 rue de Buci. On a nice day you can sit outside and enjoy Oysters or moules frites and a carafe of wine.

L’Insulaire, at 16 rue Gregoire de Tours for an inexpensive Prix Fix dinner (13.5e IIRC) They have a great desert cheese plate. You'll have to sit inside, even on a nice day, but they have large windows.

Pjk

Archived