Late Arrival - What to do?

Hilander

Hi,

Our ship doesn't dock until 4 p.m. on a Tuesday, so we won't even get out into the city until sometime after 5 p.m. ...

Having never been to St. Juan, what should my DW and I look to do? We're not nightlife types, but if there are some sights that shouldn't be missed, or stores (not for me ... honest!) that need to be visited before closing time, I'd love to hear suggestions.

Also, anyone have a great tip for a restaurant??

Most appreciated!

Hilander

• 1 month later...

It's perfect to just walk around Old Town San Juan, see the forts, take in a nice local flavored dinner and drinks, take a carriage ride, gamble a bit, hit Lazer Disco for a little while, and do a little shopping. It's all walking distance from the ship.....

If you've never been to SJ, be sure to tour the fort if possible. Although it may close before you have time to get there. If February, we'll be arriving at 4:00 on Tuesday as well - Star Princess. Having already been there several times before, we'll head to our favorite jewelry store, Shopper's Paradise. They will be open until 6:30 - 7:00 when ships are in port. Then we'll stop by the Parrot Club for a wonderful yellow bird drink. Then head back to the ship for dinner onboard.

Have fun!

Might want to consider Walking Tour with Legends of Puerto Rico. Debbie is very entertaining. We did her two hour tour in the morning. I know she has a two hour tour in the evening. Certainly better than trying to do a tour on your own. Bus tour will not work in Old San Juan - streets are too narrow. She has a web site that I can help you find if need be.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shopper's Paradise is located at 202 Calle Fortaleza. The Parrot Club is at 363 Calle Fortaleza. They're within walking distance if docking in Old San Juan. At the Parrot Club, the drink may be called Passon Drink instead of yellow bird. It's fruity, yellow and delicious.

Enjoyl

Archived