Things I learned from my recent CCL Liberty cruise with kids & kid-centered review

Paleochick

The best use we have found for bungee cords is......

when our son was old enough for just the booster part of the carseat we would bungee it to our rolling carryon bag while going through the airport. If we had a long wait on line we would un strap the booster and Timmy would just plop down on in to read or hang out. It was so much easier than trying to carry the booster, and the purse, and the carryon.....oh yeah AND hang on to the little boy!!!

The best use we have found for bungee cords is......

when our son was old enough for just the booster part of the carseat we would bungee it to our rolling carryon bag while going through the airport. If we had a long wait on line we would un strap the booster and Timmy would just plop down on in to read or hang out. It was so much easier than trying to carry the booster, and the purse, and the carryon.....oh yeah AND hang on to the little boy!!!

Finally! A good use for the bungee with kids. Thanks. :D

Thanks for the great review and pictures. Tons of useful info for those cruising with kids.

Taking the kids for a quick tour of Camp Carnival right when you board is a great idea. I hope that the staff on Glory will allow me & DD to do that on our cruise. I've been worried if the timing would work out for us to go during the official open house hours which, by looking through recent Capers, don't appear to start until 9 PM. My 2 year old DD is usually going to bed then.

Thank you for posting the picture of camp arnival, I love seeing what it looks like, makes me a little less nervous about sending the kids there for the first time:) They are already excited. Thanks!!

You should also take a tour of Camp Carnival on this page. Click on "Take a Tour of Camp Carnival."

http://carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Toddlers.aspx#

When we booked our cruise I too was worried about the pullman bed, as I have a very active 3 y.o. There is no way I am trusting him up there:) The agent told me they would bring a rollaway in each evening for me to have him sleep on instead. We don't need a crib, since we have a 3 y.o DS and 6 y.o. DD, so she said there would be enough room, and they would either take it out in a.m. or fold it up for us. Hopefully that works out. Worst case scenario, he climbs in bed with us like always!

Thanks so much for this review! We are going on the Liberty with our 2 year old for New Years. We just got back from the Inspiration and DD did not want to go to Camp Carnival after the 1st day. I am hoping she will go on this one. I will definitely bring her on embarkation day so she can check it out before we drop her off. Great to hear the staff was wonderful, it made me worrt on the last cruise because DD goes to daycare and has never cried being left anywhere.

Julie

Archived