How Do You Know About Free Dinners in Specialty Restaurants ?

ddjwms

Okay, here is a crazy question. I have read in several posts that each cabin gets two (one per person) free dinners in one of the specialty restaurants. But how did you find out about that? I looked through my e-docs and didn't find anything about it, nor did my TA say anything about it.

I would like to call ahead and make reservations (I am a Capt. Club member), but do I need some kind of coupon or something? What did the rest of you have?

Thanks for any info. anyone can give me...

Okay, here is a crazy question. I have read in several posts that each cabin gets two (one per person) free dinners in one of the specialty restaurants. But how did you find out about that? I looked through my e-docs and didn't find anything about it, nor did my TA say anything about it.

I would like to call ahead and make reservations (I am a Capt. Club member), but do I need some kind of coupon or something? What did the rest of you have?

Thanks for any info. anyone can give me...

All passengers get one meal included in their fare. You may choose from either Prime C or Aqualina. This amenity is mentioned in the list for Journey & for Quest.

Passengers in Sky Suites and above, get two meals included in their fare.

From what I have read on these boards, Captain's Club members can make one reservation within 60 days of sailing. I, for example, am sailing on the Quest on l/05/08....so I will call next week to make my reservation.

Hope this helps.

I didn't find anything about it in the documents I had, but we did receive written assurance of the policy in our reservation confirmation. I am cutting and pasting the email below. The CC number is also in the message:

RE: Specialty Restaurant Confirmation

Dear [Name]

Thank you for your recent call to the Captain's Club. It is always a pleasure to hear from our most loyal guests.

Your request for a reservation at the Quest's Prime C Restaurant has been confirmed. Listed below is your confirmation information:

Confirmation Number: 17294

Date for Dining: October 24 , 2007

Time for Dining: 7:00 P.M.

Total Number of Guests in Dining Party: Four

Note: The maximum table size is six guests per table. Guests will chose from one of the menus offered and the appropriate fee as noted below will be charged onboard at the time of dining. Proper dining attire is required. The Dining experience onboard can take up to three hours, depending on the menu you select. Additional Specialty Restaurant reservations may be booked once onboard and reservations are on a first come, first serve basis.

[Name] we look forward to welcoming you, our valued Classic Captain's Club member, onboard soon.

Aqualina - 3 Menu Options

• Standard menu (four courses) - $20.00
  • "Tastings" menu (seven courses) - $30.00
  • "Tastings" menu with wine pairings - $60.00

Prime C

• Standard menu - $25.00

Additional Important Information:

• All pricing above is per person.
  • For Aqualina, in order to partake in the "Tastings" menu, all individuals at the table will have to order the "Tastings" menu.
  • We offer one complimentary specialty restaurant dining to all guests (one additional complimentary specialty restaurant dining for suite guests) The complimentary dining applies to the "Standard Menu" only, and not to the "Tastings" menu.

Sincerely,

Shayna Young

Azamara and Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-760-0654, 9 AM-11 PM EST, Monday-Friday; 10 AM-8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5961)

Visit our Web site: www.azamaracruises.com or www.celebrity.com/captainsclub

E-mail us: Captainsclub@celebrity.com

Write us: Captain's Club

P.O. Box 026052

Miami, FL 33102-6052

Now I'm confused! I thought that ALL guests received one complimentary dining in a specialty restaurant, and that Captain's Club members received another complimentary visit. No? Also, the idea that this is per person rather than per stateroom is news to me. Does that mean that in a couple, we could make FOUR reservations - 2 each - and take our spouse along as a paying guest? Can someone please straighten this out? We're on the 1/19 Panama Canal sailing and I have the date circled on my calendar to call Captain's Club for reservations, so would like to know.

Thanks.

Now I'm confused! I thought that ALL guests received one complimentary dining in a specialty restaurant, and that Captain's Club members received another complimentary visit. No? Also, the idea that this is per person rather than per stateroom is news to me. Does that mean that in a couple, we could make FOUR reservations - 2 each - and take our spouse along as a paying guest? Can someone please straighten this out? We're on the 1/19 Panama Canal sailing and I have the date circled on my calendar to call Captain's Club for reservations, so would like to know.

Thanks.

All suite guests receive two complimentary standard dinners (one in Aqualina, one in Prime C) and other guests receive one in either Aqualina or Prime C. Captain's Club members can make an advance reservation for one evening only within 60 days of their sailing date. Any other reservations must be made onboard. If you are not a Captain's Club member, you must wait until you board to make any dining reservations. You and your spouse share a booking number for this sailing, so that means you can make one advance dining reservation.

Hope this clears things up for you.

No wonder this is such a confusing subject. We're Captain's Club members, but not in a Suite, for our Nov. 12 sailing. We called the 800 number yesterday to make a reservation in either Specialty restaurant, and the gentleman said we had to wait until we were on board. Go figure.

No wonder this is such a confusing subject. We're Captain's Club members, but not in a Suite, for our Nov. 12 sailing. We called the 800 number yesterday to make a reservation in either Specialty restaurant, and the gentleman said we had to wait until we were on board. Go figure.

Call again. I've spoken with them twice and have a reservation for our 11/24 sailing.

Karen

Archived