Do you decorate your veranda?

Hootsie

I decorate the corridor door if I'm sailing on a special occasion like Christmas, birthday, anniversary ... I also decorate the inside of my cabin. but NEVER the balcony. I think it's tacky and makes the ship look ugly as a whole. I imagine it must be quite annoying having a windchime outside the balcony. I have 2 in my house and I leave them home when I'm cruising. All I want to hear is the ocean. No lights, no banners and no flags. I'm not alone on that big ship. Can you imagine what a circus the ship would look like if everybody decided to decorate their balconies? I respect those who feel the need to do it but I don't like it.

Can you imagine what a circus the ship would look like if everybody decided to decorate their balconies?

Probably the same as the inside of the ship would look if everybody decorated their cabin doors. A college dormitory springs to mind. I don't have a dog in this fight, because it's something that would never occur to me, personally, or necessarily even bother me. I do find it interesting, though.

Which leads me to perhaps a related question -- do people who decorate their cabins/doors/balconies do the same when they check into a hotel or resort? And if not, what's the difference? Not judging, and I truly believe people should do what makes them most comfortable and happy, but FOR ME, the whole concept just seems quite odd. But hey, it's your hard-earned money, your vacation and your private space for the week, so if it enhances your enjoyment, go for it! Whatever floats your boat (pun intended).........;)

-Kevin :D

Archived