Airfare - Lax Vancouver Anchorage

cp73

I have been watching airfares for the last month and the rates dropped here in the last week. We are flying from Los Angeles to Vancouver and have a return flight from Anchorage back to Los Angeles. Current rate was $415. This was on Alaska Airlines. I grabbed our seats today for August 2008.

I'm also shopping for August 2008 but haven't seen any significant drops in airfare. I hope I find a return from Vancouver since I really don't want to transfer back to Seattle and potentially spend another night away from home :(

I bet it feels good to get the air arrangements done :)

I will post my deal as well:

LAX to Anchorage - $208.00 (Alaska Air)

Seattle to LAX - $107.00 (US Airways)

I got a rental for under a $100.00 through Avis one-way from Vancouver to Seattle. I am so happy with this deal!!

I bet it feels good to get the air arrangements done :)

It does feel good. I had to make arrangements for 10 people. Interesting Alaska also offers group pricing for 10 persons or greater. That pricing was about $20 more per ticket than the internet pricing. The lady said the internet pricing was a new special they had and she couldn't match that. So I booked them my selves. Group pricing does however offer a deferment of payment for a short period of time.

I will post my deal as well:

LAX to Anchorage - $208.00 (Alaska Air)

Seattle to LAX - $107.00 (US Airways)

I got a rental for under a $100.00 through Avis one-way from Vancouver to Seattle. I am so happy with this deal!!

That is a good deal. Looks like you got the same pricing we got from Anchorage. Next time we will go from Seattle.

It does feel good. I had to make arrangements for 10 people. Interesting Alaska also offers group pricing for 10 persons or greater. That pricing was about $20 more per ticket than the internet pricing. The lady said the internet pricing was a new special they had and she couldn't match that. So I booked them my selves. Group pricing does however offer a deferment of payment for a short period of time.

Group prices are almost always more expensive than individual prices. Besides not having to pay immediately (usually just a $100 or so per person deposit), one can also book group space without specific names - helpful if you know you are taking a trip with a group but don't know exactly who the 10 or 15 or 25 people will be at the time of booking. Many airlines require people to use the group department when booking 10 or more people.

John

Archived