What do I need to do???

I use Ulead's CD/DVD Picture Show 4.0 to do DVD slide shows. It has an option to save to an .MPG video file with size and frame-rate options.

I've never loaded one to YouTube, but I've transferred slideshow video files to friends and they played quite nicely.

Easy to use and not too expensive (<$40). It allows you to add music and transitions with custom pan and zoom on the images. Very professional-looking output.

Link: http://www.ulead.com/dps/features.htm

Dave

I use Ulead's CD/DVD Picture Show 4.0 to do DVD slide shows. It has an option to save to an .MPG video file with size and frame-rate options.

I've never loaded one to YouTube, but I've transferred slideshow video files to friends and they played quite nicely.

Easy to use and not too expensive (<$40). It allows you to add music and transitions with custom pan and zoom on the images. Very professional-looking output.

Link: http://www.ulead.com/dps/features.htm

Dave

Dave,

I was hoping you would answer. Thanks for the help. I want to take copies of the bridge cam pictures and put them in to a "fast" cruise for our roll call to see. Is this possible?

FYI...I am still on the hunt for a camcorder for our trip. I called Sony to ask a question and the guy didn't know the answer. Can you believe that? Holy cow..it is their product.

Dave,

I was hoping you would answer. Thanks for the help. I want to take copies of the bridge cam pictures and put them in to a "fast" cruise for our roll call to see. Is this possible?

Sure, just save them in order in a folder and you can add all the frames to a slide show, set the transition between frames and how long each frame will display and save the slide show to an MPG.

If you mean to do it while you're on the ship, you'll need access to the internet on your own laptop to download the bridge cam snaps.

FYI...I am still on the hunt for a camcorder for our trip. I called Sony to ask a question and the guy didn't know the answer. Can you believe that? Holy cow..it is their product.

Can I believe it? I think so...!:eek:

I used Sony's online chat tech support yesterday and it was almost laughable, had I not needed the information. I typed to the "analyst" asking how many HVL-F56AM flash units you can use simultaneously in wireless mode (I already have two that I use with umbrellas for portraits and such) and was told: "that lens is compatible with your camera". When I explained that the model I gave him was a flash unit and not a lens, I was assured that "it too was compatible with my camera". After explaining for a third time what my question was, I was told that "only one could be used at a time" (I routinely use two). At that point I just gave up and spent some time on the internet finding an answer. Should have done that first! Love the camera! Completely underwhelmed with USA tech support!

Oh, well...

Dave

There is a Sony store in Dallas at a local mall. Jerry and I are heading out to talk to them there....MAYBE, and I say that loosely, they will know something.

No, I want to make the "video" of the next sailing of the ship we are on..and let our roll call see it. Are you kidding...internet at sea! Ha ha ha. I leave that at home. Way, way too slow and expensive.

Thanks for telling me how to do this. I went to the website you gave. I am going to try their free trial version. I assume then I can just download the regular version online.

Is this what you use for your pictures? And this is just for storing, not for major editing, right?

There is a Sony store in Dallas at a local mall. Jerry and I are heading out to talk to them there....MAYBE, and I say that loosely, they will know something.

No, I want to make the "video" of the next sailing of the ship we are on..and let our roll call see it. Are you kidding...internet at sea! Ha ha ha. I leave that at home. Way, way too slow and expensive.

Thanks for telling me how to do this. I went to the website you gave. I am going to try their free trial version. I assume then I can just download the regular version online.

Is this what you use for your pictures? And this is just for storing, not for major editing, right?

No, I use it for DVD slide shows that I produce for the family and co-cruisers.

I use Picasa to organize my images and Photoshop for major edits.

If you like the trial, you can remove it and download the full version. They will send you a license key via e-mail after you pay and you use it to unlock the full version when you install it.

Dave

I want to take still pictures on my computer and make a video to put on youtube. Can someone tell me how to do this? Do I need some special software?

Thank you for your help.

If you use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, you can create a slideshow video with them and upload to YouTube (as .wmv video). Choose create slideshow.

If you select your photos and a song, it will match the length of the slideshow to the duration of the song (or a narration that you may record).

If you use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, you can create a slideshow video with them and upload to YouTube (as .wmv video). Choose create slideshow.

If you select your photos and a song, it will match the length of the slideshow to the duration of the song (or a narration that you may record).

Good suggestion. PS Elements is also a good organization and editing program.

Dave

My second attempt and doing a slide show I used Windows Movie Maker. Works like most of the other ones out there Like Roxio, Studio 11, Not sure about Ulead but most likely will be similar. Nice thing about Movie Maker is it is free with Windows XP. It's in Vista also.

Good Luck with what you use, You will amaze many folks

Ooh..cool. So that means less figuring out, right? I can pick any song and it will make my slide show to fit? Will the slide show look like a movie?

My second attempt and doing a slide show I used Windows Movie Maker. Works like most of the other ones out there Like Roxio, Studio 11, Not sure about Ulead but most likely will be similar. Nice thing about Movie Maker is it is free with Windows XP. It's in Vista also.

Good Luck with what you use, You will amaze many folks

Hmmm...Interesting. I don't know much about computers and the the like (which is totally obvious). I have windows xp so I guess I might actually have this. I guess I need to explore what is on here.

Archived