What necklace/earings with this dress?

CalgonMoment

I won this dress on Ebay, but now I have no idea what kind of jewelery to wear with it. All I own are simple gold or silver chains with small jewel pendants. This seems to call for something more dramatic. I am wearing simple black patent leather peep toes, so no concerns about competing with the shoes. I need suggestions that stay around $30 or less.

Thanks

693b_2.JPG

I won this dress on Ebay, but now I have no idea what kind of jewelery to wear with it. All I own are simple gold or silver chains with small jewel pendants. This seems to call for something more dramatic. I am wearing simple black patent leather peep toes, so no concerns about competing with the shoes. I need suggestions that stay around $30 or less.

Thanks

693b_2.JPG

I LOVE the color:D and personally, I think a white metal would

look lovely. The neckline is such that I think you have many choices

of what would look good. I personally think you need to try

the dress on and see what looks best. A pendant that falls

right in the neckline but not too long of a chain. And yes,

something more substantial.

Good luck in your search......love the dress!:)

Love the dress and the color. I also agree that w/that neckline you can do something a bit longer that will fall to the cleavage, but not too long where it gets lost or you can't see it. I'm into silver these days, so I think something silver w/a pretty pendent on it will look nice. Do some drop earrings and maybe a braclet and you're all set!

If you can't find anything that you like but know what kind you want why not make your own jewlery!! Its very easy to do and the you will have just what you want!!Trust me this is coming from someone that had no ideal that making your jewlery was so easy!!:)

410FrwSyFEL._AA280_.jpg415w%2BvuL3xL._AA280_.jpg3198D18m2yL._AA280_.jpg

Nope, none of them.

#1 is too casual. Good with a black tee shirt.

#2 is for a 15 year old girl just discovering that she loves vintage. Looks like it's costs under $5.00 and will cheapen your dress.

#3 is too small for the dramatic neckline of your dress

I like this one. The others were a bit much. I guess I am discovering that I am an understated kind of girl. Some of the jewelery I look at and think "I could never!"

10192007img_4505.jpg

Needs to be tried on with the dress, but this shows a lot of promise. The black/grey stones are nice with your dress, the size/proportions seem good, and it's right in style. Could be an excellent choice.

I wouldn't go chunky. Keep it simple. I would also go with gold shoes, not black. Gold jewelry also - maybe an antique gold with a ruby stone. Simple and elegant. Love the dress - great find.

Gotta disagree with your suggestions:

CalgonMoment has already stated she's wearing black patent peep-toe pumps - which I think are a perfect choice.

I think black stones necklace and earrings (like the ones pictured) are perfect in that they're simple and elegant as well as bold. I think the simplicity of the dress, with its strong color and plunging neckline calls for a bold piece of jewelry. IMO, antique gold with a ruby stone is too safe and predictable and will look ho-hum instead of glam.

CalgonMoment - if you have nice shapely legs, you might also consider a sheer black hose with a lace pattern.

Thanks Jane, I think I am gonna go with the black stones. No shapely legs, I was thinking of going bare legged, as I tan well and hate hose.

Gotta disagree with your suggestions:

CalgonMoment has already stated she's wearing black patent peep-toe pumps - which I think are a perfect choice.

I think black stones necklace and earrings (like the ones pictured) are perfect in that they're simple and elegant as well as bold. I think the simplicity of the dress, with its strong color and plunging neckline calls for a bold piece of jewelry. IMO, antique gold with a ruby stone is too safe and predictable and will look ho-hum instead of glam.

CalgonMoment - if you have nice shapely legs, you might also consider a sheer black hose with a lace pattern.

I love the dress. I know you said you've decided on black jewellery, but what about something like this?

I think the gold / bronze colours and metalic look would suit that dress beautifully :D

The length of the chains would also really suit the neckline :D

image001.jpg.8e670237230f48b8a886bc1f82ba0185.jpg

Archived