ANyone know about Bike,Hike and Kayak tour in Samana?

bigindy

I've been reading all the discussions on Samana. After having a day at sea on the Jewel, we'd like some exercise when we get to the D.R. The Bike, Hike and Kayak trip sounds interesting. Anyone been on it or hear from fellow passengers? Also, someone mentioned mosquitos and tropical disease. Is there a greater potential for exposure on an excursion like this vs. the Cayo Levantando beach option? Thanks!! We're sailing on Feb.1, '08.

We've been looking for info on this tour too. I think it's new this year, so there has probably only been one or two groups that have gone so far. I wouldn't worry much about the mosquitos. They'll have them on the island too, I'm sure. Malaria is spread by evening mosquitos, so that should not be an issue. Just use a little bug spray if you're worried.

• 1 year later...

I think one of our fellow passengers took this tour last year.

We ran into him while we were at playa Rincon which surprised us because we thought it was only accessible by boat. (they were on a tour "truck"). He said he was really enjoying it.

We ran into his wife on the ship who was a little worried because of the biking and hiking, etc. WE let het know we saw him along the way and he was doing fine :-) He made it back not much after that.

Archived