Late in Acapulco?

headingley

I am booked for jan 03/08 NCL Star.

The Star is scheduled to arrive in Acapulco at 11:00 a.m..

I have just learned that in the last 2 years the Star has rarely arrived

before 1:00 p.m. and the variety of excuses they have given for the late arrival would boggle the mind. It is suspected that the late arrival time is "planned" in order to conserve fuel with a slower trip.

Please need help as we are trying to book a non-NCL excursion trip,

what have your experiences been.

Thank-you

We were 2 hours late on our Star cruise last year and I expect to be late again on our next Star cruise. The ship just doesn't seem capable of making it to Acapulco on time. Planned or otherwise. Our tour operator already expected this and adjusted accordingly. You might want to contact your tour guide and make sure they understand this ship is rarely on time.

it probably has to due with the speed of the ship. they have to go full speed to make it to acapulco in time, and it never happens, so they are probably going to slow it down on the way there, just to be safe..

I wouldnt book anything until after 1p just to be safe

Most of the private tour companies understand the Star is usually late and will be made aware of the arrival time. We booked with Rosie, she knew the situation.

Nita

who is rosie ??? this is not the first time that I have heard her name?

I think I can find her card or her email address. She is probably the best or the tour companies in Acapulco, certainly the best known. Her prices are well within most budgets, she will scale tours to meet your needs and covers all the things worth seeing in Acapulco, plus she is knowledable, proud of her country and very personable.

I am on my way out the door right now, but will try to get you some info in the next day; probably later tonight.

Nita

Rosie's e-mail address is dew_days@hotmail.com that's an underline between dew and days.

The tour will last between 5 to 6 hours,the places she visits

The Flamingo's hotel,The Divers,the Diego's River'as mural,the cross up

on top of the hill, shopping, the Casa blanaca hotel for view and more....

Prices quoted to us all in US dollars -4 pax 43 dlls. per person,6pax 40dlls. per person,8 pax 35dlls. per person, and more than 8 pax will be 30dlls. She will take you where ever you want to go. Post up on your Roll Call and you will soon fill a few vans like we did on our recent trip.

We were just over an hour late arriving.

Rosie's e-mail address is dew_days@hotmail.com that's an underline between dew and days.

The tour will last between 5 to 6 hours,the places she visits

The Flamingo's hotel,The Divers,the Diego's River'as mural,the cross up

on top of the hill, shopping, the Casa blanaca hotel for view and more....

Prices quoted to us all in US dollars -4 pax 43 dlls. per person,6pax 40dlls. per person,8 pax 35dlls. per person, and more than 8 pax will be 30dlls. She will take you where ever you want to go. Post up on your Roll Call and you will soon fill a few vans like we did on our recent trip.

We were just over an hour late arriving.

Thanks Kathy, you saved me from looking the information up...She is fantastic huh?

Twice on the Star, late to Acapulco both times. It's a long way from LA and history says there is a distinct possibility that you will be late. Not to sound nasty, but you are aware of the potential problem, so I would just plan accordingly. Maybe this is also part of the reason that this is the last season the Star will be heading to Acapulco.

And you can't go wrong with a Rosie tour!

Twice on the Star, late to Acapulco both times. It's a long way from LA and history says there is a distinct possibility that you will be late. Not to sound nasty, but you are aware of the potential problem, so I would just plan accordingly. Maybe this is also part of the reason that this is the last season the Star will be heading to Acapulco.

And you can't go wrong with a Rosie tour!

I emailed Rosie and she emailed back that she is booked for the time I will be on the cruise but has others that can do it. But after talking with some of the others we are traveling with we decided on the NCL beach tour.

Now my question is, if we take a 5 hour beach tour and we have also booked a back to back tour for the evening cliff divers, what happens if we arrive late in Acapulco?

Does our five hour beach tour become a three hour tour (sounds like Gilligans island song) :D OR does it become a 5 hour extended tour, and of so that would make us late for the other tour.

We are flexable but don't want to be charged for a tour that will not work out or be compatable with other tours.

If you are late into Acapulco and have ship booked excursions, they will inform you if both excursions can still be done that day. If late arrival causes you to miss one of the tours you will be given a credit for the missed excursi0on but I would be certain to check on that with the folks over at the Shore Excursion Desk.

If they will cut the eary one short, I can't answer but I do recall that they announced on the P.A. that some excursions had been cancelled because of the late arrival.

Archived