Aft JS on Grandeur

Hello All!

We have our first JS and also our first AFT cabin booked for the 4/26 sailing from Baltimore to Bermuda aboard the Grandeur of the seas. I have read about rough seas going to Bermuda and have gotten a little concerned. Is there a real problem with the aft cabin during rough seas? Or should we try to get a cabin in the middle of the ship instead? I was really excited about the aft cabin so I hope not!

We had our first aft JS this past May on the Grandeur - very excited to have the experience. However, I am prone to sea-sickness in rough seas and I actually lost 1 1/2 days (including one formal night) by being sick. My DH said if I could just make it to the center of the ship, I could probably manage, but we were rocking so bad in the aft cabin I couldn't get up and get dressed. Just my own personal experience. Other than that, we thoroughly enjoyed the large room and balcony. I wouldn't do an aft again though.

i just left cabin 7150 from the oct 19 sailing

great js 2 chaise lounges, 2 chairs and small table on balcony

plenty of room

walk in closet

as for motion, slightly more than mid ship

we had rough seas one day and you could feel the movement it was showing 20 foot seas on the tv graphics..

from someone who suffers from vertigo, i wore a patch and i handled it well

will book it again if available

We sailed in 8588 (aft) on Grandeur to Bermuda and had no problem with motion at all. We had a very smooth sailing in general though. I sail aft all the time and the only time I notice the movement being obvious in the back is when the seas are rough and the entire ship is rocking. In normal sea conditions it is typically smooth sailing aft in my experience.

We had aft JS 8088 on Grandeur, the one next to Bonnie's, on the repo to NOLA last November. We had a couple rough seas on that 13 day cruise. But it was never all that bad aft. Actually, on the last day/night at sea, they closed all the pools because of high seas. That night in our aft cabin, we slept very well. Perhaps the quiet rocking of the seas helped us sleep better.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived