Freedom - Port Hole Room Question

Javaholic

I'm getting conflicting information. My BIL is considering a porthole room. I've been told that they are twin beds that can NOT be put together. And I've been told that they are twin beds that CAN be put together. I don't have a specific room #, it's a port hole room guarentee.

Has anyone been in these rooms that knows the configuration? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

If you look at the deck plans you will see two types of porthole cabins, 1A's and 5A's. the 5A's all have twin beds that can be put together. The 1A's are 1 upper and 1 lower bunk so they cannot be put together.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FD

(Porthole cabins are in the front and designated by a diamond. Category 1A is listed as 1 upper and 1 lower but in some configurations both beds are on the floor.)

I'm getting conflicting information. My BIL is considering a porthole room. I've been told that they are twin beds that can NOT be put together. And I've been told that they are twin beds that CAN be put together. I don't have a specific room #, it's a port hole room guarentee.

Has anyone been in these rooms that knows the configuration? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Port hole cabins are usually Cat.1a cabins, these normally have 2 twins or a upper and lower bed where one pops out from the ceiling. If both twin bed are on the floor and you want them together you can just ask your cabin steward to put them together, it will be done after your dinner time.

I just posted a video of cabin 2465 which is a Cat.1a cabin with 2 twin beds on the floor, those in that cabin can be pushed together.

FRED

Hi fred. I think you might be confusing the issue here. What you have posted is accurate about 1A's generally but not necessarily porthole 1A's. As your pictures so beautifully illustrate, 2465 is not a porthole cabin.:)

Hi fred. I think you might be confusing the issue here. What you have posted is accurate about 1A's generally but not necessarily porthole 1A's. As your pictures so beautifully illustrate, 2465 is not a porthole cabin.:)

I have seen pictures of these Cat.1a cabins with the 2 small port holes and 2 bunks on the floor, could it be that they are bolted to the deck?

Fred

I have seen pictures of these Cat.1a cabins with the 2 small port holes and 2 bunks on the floor, could it be that they are bolted to the deck?

Fred

No need to be snippy.:p I didn't want the OP to confuse cabin 2465 with the porthole cabins his brother is looking at. :)

Something like this, maybe this pic is incorrect too.

1_436_cab_4a_4b_4c_4d_4e_4f_4g_int_150_05APR04.jpg

Interior Stateroom

Deck: Empress, Main, Riviera, Upper, Verandah

Size: 185 sq ft.

Occupancy: 2 guests standard

Amenities: One upper and one lower twin bed, a private bathroom with shower, bathrobes, toiletry amenity basket, beach towels, refrigerator, minibar, interactive TV, minisafe, phone, and hairdryer. *Please note cabins 1207, 1208, 1211, 1212, 2207, 2208, 2211, 2212 have 2 porthole windows. All other category 1A cabins are interior staterooms.

No need to be snippy.:p I didn't want the OP to confuse cabin 2465 with the porthole cabins his brother is looking at. :)

2462 and 2465 are not port holes, those are large windows like the ones on Ocean View 6a. big difference there.

Fred

Thank you everyone - I'm having her verify if she booked a 1A or a 5A category. Sounds as though 1A can't be moved together & 5A can.

Thanks so much!

Cindy

As Fred mentioned the 1A cabins 2462 and 2465 can be.. unsure with the rest of the 1A's:confused:

Here are additional pictures of a double-porthole 1A cabin. This one happens to be on Carnival Liberty. All of these that I've seen with my own eyes either had one twin/one upper, or one twin and a sofa bed (which is shown in these shots). In no situation was it possible to have them put together easily. The height of the sofa bed was not equal to that of the twin. That was only possible in the neighboring 5A.

Cabin2216a.JPG

Cabin2216c.JPG

Here are additional pictures of a double-porthole 1A cabin. This one happens to be on Carnival Liberty. All of these that I've seen with my own eyes either had one twin/one upper, or one twin and a sofa bed (which is shown in these shots). In no situation was it possible to have them put together easily. That was only possible on the neighboring 5A.

Cabin2216a.JPG

Cabin2216c.JPG

Awesome Picture !! This is the one I was talking about, I didn't know from the picture when I first saw it that it was the Sofa bed converted into a bed. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Fred

Thanks again everyone - the room that is reserved is 2 beds that can't be put together. So BIL has to decide if he wants that one or an inside.

Fred - you said you posted a video of 2465 - I can't find it. We have this room in 3/09 on Freedom, so I'd be very interested in seeing it. Can you re-post or direct me to your original one?

Thank you

Cindy

Thank you Fred - that was great. Of course, we have almost 1.5 yrs to wait for it :)

We're also on Freedom 4/08 - but did OVG - so no idea of our room #. If I had know about 2465 in Sept 06 when we booked it, I would have snagged it then too!

ETA - Thanks Ken!

• 3 years later...

Archived