Questions for past Emerald Cruisers

comfortcove

We are cruising on the Emerald Princess for the first time next week. I had a few questions for past Emerald cruisers: How many pools are there, and which was your favorite? Which anytime dining room did you prefer? Was the piano bar enjoyable? Where was your favorite place for an after dinner stroll? What was your favorite bar? Lastly, did you discover any special places on the ship that were off the beaten path?

She is such a big ship it might take us a few days to explore her. Thanks for your insights. I will share our opinions upon our return. Many thanks, and happy cruising to all.

We are cruising on the Emerald Princess for the first time next week. I had a few questions for past Emerald cruisers: How many pools are there, and which was your favorite? Which anytime dining room did you prefer? Was the piano bar enjoyable? Where was your favorite place for an after dinner stroll? What was your favorite bar? Lastly, did you discover any special places on the ship that were off the beaten path?

She is such a big ship it might take us a few days to explore her. Thanks for your insights. I will share our opinions upon our return. Many thanks, and happy cruising to all.

There are 5 pools on the Emerald, the Sancuary pool was my Fav as there were very few people in it at any given time. We did Trad dining so no comment on the anytime. Crooners was very nice for the piano bar and usually quite busy. Loved walking on deck 7, then take the small stairs to 8 and continue all they way around the front of the ship, be beware it's really windy! "Hidden" : stairs behind club Fusion to wake bar!

She is a great ship Enjoy!

I have an additional question. For the cruises that end in Venice in the evening (the itinerary lists a 10 pm arrival for our Rome to Venice cruise next June), what time did they actually letting you off the ship? I read one review that said they were left off as early as 6pm. As we are staying in Venice 1-night post-cruise, it would be nice to be able to spend two full evenings in this amazing city.

I have an additional question. For the cruises that end in Venice in the evening (the itinerary lists a 10 pm arrival for our Rome to Venice cruise next June), what time did they actually letting you off the ship? I read one review that said they were left off as early as 6pm. As we are staying in Venice 1-night post-cruise, it would be nice to be able to spend two full evenings in this amazing city.

Pharmer~

I'd look at your Itinerary page in the cruise personalizer on a regular basis as time goes by because sometimes they change the port times and those changes are listed there. If you are due to dock in Venice at 10 pm you won't be able to do much.............customs take an hour or so at least and you have to be back on board at midnight or 1 am I believe. Also in Venice you have to take a motoscafo or water taxi to get to St Mark's and I do not remember what time the quit for the night. The good news is you can get off the ship at the crack of dawn, find your hotel and see if they'll store your bags till check in time and watch the city wake up!

Our favorite piano bar was the lounge next to Sabatini's. A little out of the way since you have to take the back elevators up..but worth it. Great atmosphere and service. And views!

Favorite hidden spot..tho not so hidden is on the 5th floor. International Cafe across from Wine Bar. Great for a quick light lunch or dinner. Get to watch the world go by!

What a fantastic ship ..enjoy!

Thanks for the input. She really does look like a beauty, and we are excited to be going on such a relaxing itinerary, just what both my husband and I need right now. The piano bar sounds lovely. Did anyone try the specialty dining? Is the cover still $20 pp? I am really hoping to book the Med for next summer, maybe onboard, but shhhh....don't tell DH yet.

We had anytime dining our the recent Transatlantic sailing, but only went to the Dining Room once. We found the Cafe Caribe to be the best place for dinner (and some lunches too)

Many of the same menu items as the dining room. The tables were set with placemats , silverware and glassware and beverages are brought to you.

Enjoy, she's a beautiful Ship!

Take your camera and your deck map and tour the ship from top to at least the Promendade Deck right after you have lunch after boarding. Public rooms are quiet and you will get the feel for what rooms are where. Since our Med itinerary was so port intensive, I didn't even realize there were 5 pools! It rained on the 2nd sea day!

We loved Crooners and the pianist Brett Cove and Addagio. Brett really packed in a crowd every evening. The International Cafe was a great place to get a cappuchino or snack during the day and watch the Piazza entertainment. I can't think of any "secret corners". Either Anytime dining room worked out just fine; just go to the one with the smallest line. It never took more than 5 minutes to be seated as long as you were willing to sit with others.

Bon Voyage

This past summer we arrived earlier than posted for Venice. It was about 6 pm. and it is a beautiful sail in past St. Mark's Square. You can take a boat shuttle into St. Marks or you can walk. It is about a 40 minute walk but it is great to do. Sometimes it is very crowded at first to get on the shuttle.

The shuttle pick up in Venice is on the Shavoni - main walkway along the waterfront - near the statue of a man with a horse.

Have fun.

I have a question also. Is the Sanctuary pool open air? I heard there are no covered pools on this ship? Is that correct? How much additional $$ was it to use the sanctuary pool?

To my knowledge, there is no additional charge to use this pool. However, if you wish to have a lounge is the Sanctuary section which is one deck above the pool, it is $10 per half day. The pool area is open air, but there maybe Canopy like shades from above giving shade.

Bon Voyage

Archived