Kakalina-How was Ryndam?

garydm

The Ryndam is mostly up to Her normal wonderful self. We had a marvelous time, I am working on a review as we speak. It's just the first day back is sooo busy.

No major problems, no major complaints that we hear of. You will have a great time!

We posted a pix of our CC meet and greet see my post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654126

We board next week and anxious to read your comments. Thanks.

Gary

Hello Gary. My wife and I just returned home from the 10/21 Sea of Cortez cruise on the Ryndam. As soon as time permits I will also post a review. You should have a wonderful time. The ship is small compared to today's "mega ships" and very clean. The crew is warm and friendly. We have been on a number of HAL ships (first time on Ryndam) and our main disappointment was in the food served for dinner in the Rotterdam dining room for the 1st seating. We were at table number 31 (great location) and the wait staff just did not have their act together for the full 10 days. The food was just mediocare - we did not have one meat dish that was cooked properly or was not tough to chew. The Lido Deck buffet for breakfast and lunch was outstanding for food choices, service and quality. Much better then the Rotterdam dining room. We decided, in the future, we would definitely do the "anytime dining" in the evening and this way can pick and choose our table, waiters etc.

Everything else was great. Sorry for the loooong message - I will have to save the rest for my review. Bob

Bob-thanks for the note. Unfortunately, we are also early dining at table 25, so we may be sharing your experience. We were on Ryndam a few years ago and everything was great, then migrated off to other ships and lines. The recent reports from Ryndam cruisers have been consistent with your views I see. Looking forward to the reviews and advice.

Gary

I also would like to hear reviews or opinions of the Ryndam. We have not sailed HAL and will be on Celebrity's Mercury for an 8 night Alaska and was thinking of taking the Ryndam repo to San Diego for 4 nights down the Pacific Coast in a Veranda

I also would like to hear reviews or opinions of the Ryndam. We have not sailed HAL and will be on Celebrity's Mercury for an 8 night Alaska and was thinking of taking the Ryndam repo to San Diego for 4 nights down the Pacific Coast in a Veranda

Here is a link to my review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654554

Archived