Belfast, Northern Ireland

Kaylas Mom

Hi:

FYI.......We were on the Golden Transatlantic May 8th, which sailed a day late from NYC due to a Nor'easter off the coast. Belfast was consequently removed from our itinerary. Although two of our group definiety notified Caroline at Minicoach Tours on the 9th and 10th that we would not be arriving, in Belfast, Minicoach Tours is refusing to voluntarily return monies to anyone. (I think our group was about 20-24) . She is claiming neither message was received, although no one subsequently got a note from her asking why we didn't show up. There was no Cancellation Policy ever given to any of us that specified any penalty amount, or that tickets were nonrefundable. Most of us feel at least the gas costs should have been returned. Caroline's position is that Princess is responsible (for bad weather??). I have been able to get the charge removed by my CC. Co., but some of the others are having a lot of trouble.

Melody

Melody:

It sounds from your description of what happened with minicoach in Belfast, that each of the passengers paid their share to the company. How did you do that? We are thinking of hiring their 16 passenger coach for 250 pounds, and they want payment upfront. They saId that they would prefer that one person pays the full amount, but noone really wants to do that, and we might have better recourse (as you did) if we each charged our share. how did you go about that? thanks in advance for you help.

Eileen

Eileen:

The tour was put together by another CC couple. We were told to contact Caroline at Minicoach directly, to find out if space was still available. Caroline said yes, and we paid 44lbs Sterling for 2 tickets by mailing our Credit Card info. to Caroline. Some of our group have been given a conditional credit through their credit card company, others cannot get their credit card companies to cooperate, particularly if the charge is over 60 days old. I booked late, and just made the 60 days date. I would think after this fiasco, Minicoach should start making their cancellation policy known (if there is one) in writing, before they keep all tour monies. Hope this info. helps.

Melody

"Don't know John Collins I'm afraid but then its a rare occasion that would

actually see me on the boat! I slave away all day in my dark little office

over a hot computer unloved and forgotten!

Errol"

Ohh my heart bleeds for him lol - tell him i'm the one with the beard that works on SACHA ( river wardens boat ) he'll know me alright lol.

I'd be careful of black taxi drivers ( some can be rip off's ) how many are their of you? and what date are you in belfast?

jj.......

I will tell Errol who you are!

We will be in Blefast on Wednesday, September 28th and there are only 6 of us...any other suggestions to get to Lagan and see the city would be appreciated. A coach is too large & expensive. I have sent email to other cab compnaies but have not had a response. Thanks

Joyce

If anyone is interested in doing a tour round belfast with myself i'd be more and happy to help 2 or 3 people out

jj......

Hi coxswain:

We are interested in doing londonderry and/or the causeway. DO you do tours?

Tell you what i'll be going into town today, so i'll nip into the Belfast visitors centre and see what info the have Joyce+3beauvid if you want to send me your addresses i'll post what ever i get out to you.

Joyce you thought of hiring a car for the day - or would you be interested in someone driving you around ( picking you at the ship - dropping you off at the lagan boat and then picking you up again and a tuor round the city? )

Heres my email address johncollins511@hotmail.com

jj......

Hi Casper - city hall is a must also try the laganboat tour and if you can hire a taxi for an hour why not look at some of the murals from both sides of the divide.

How many are there of you?

jj.....

Coxswain, that was such a kind offer. I had a similar tour from a very kind local around Holyhead last week and will never forget it. In Belfast, I just relaxed and spent the 9 punts to do the Hop On Hop Off bus tour - and really liked it! So fascinating to see the site of the building of the Titanic, the British/Protestant areas, and found even the blue collar neighborhood bit of the tour to be so interesting. Ireland was great ... and the shopping does not get better than it does in Dublin. ;)

Shelia Punts is it not Euro's in Ireland ? In Belfast its British pounds.

I live in a British/Protestant area and at the minute all the streets are covered in RED/WHITE/BLUE for the 1st july and the 12th july also there are large bonfires being built for the 11th july nite.

jj......

• 1 month later...

Hello :)

I am looking into a transatlantic crossing next year. I would like to combine that with a tour of Ireland. What is the easiest/cheapest way for me to get to Dublin from Southampton? Is flying my only option?

THanks for the help!

Hello :)

I am looking into a transatlantic crossing next year. I would like to combine that with a tour of Ireland. What is the easiest/cheapest way for me to get to Dublin from Southampton? Is flying my only option?

THanks for the help!

winterstar,

Why don't you start a new thread.The last poster on this thread was June 30th

John

Flying will almost certainly be your cheapest and easiest option.

Flybe have a scheduled service from Southampton to Dublin and fares are as low as £30 each way (inc. Taxes + charges). They are a no frills airline but for such a short flight are more than adequate. I have used their Liverpool to Belfast service several times and have never had a problem.

Nick.

Archived