Belfast, Northern Ireland

Kaylas Mom

Belfast is a fantastic city that I hope will continue to prosper in the future. John showed us a fantastic time in the city, and I must say that it really was a major highlight to our cruise. We were very fortunate to be in Belfast the day veterans of the Burma campaign were honored at City Hall. Truly, it was one of the best and most memorable days we have had in any of our travels. Thanks, John, and may good fortune continue to grace your city.

meyratfur how many are there of you ?

spongerob thank you for the lovely compliments - it was a pleasure showing you around my city. And i'm glad your home safe and sound.

Take care and say hi to Margaret.

jj.....

We will be in Belfast in September on the Star Princess...we have decided we want to see the city and have booked a tour on a small boat (Lagan Boat Company)...that actually takes us out to where the Titanic was built and sailed from. Are you familiar with it?

Any information you can give would be most appreciated.

Joyce

JoyceC Are you on the Star Princess Sept 22 sailing and will be in Belfast Sept 28? If so, Bob and I would like to join your boat tour if the dates are the same. Liz:)

I'd recommend N Ireland to everyone. It is laid back and very beautiful.

Belfast is a nice city.

But if you go to N Ireland then you should think about hiring a car and taking a day (or two) and slowly travelling northwards up that east coastline - from Belfast over to Larne, and then up the coastline. It is quite stunning.

You'll see amazing cliffs and ocean below; sheep grazing from seemingly impossible grassy slopes (with just one mistake between them and the ocean hundreds of feet below); the amazing Giants Causeway; Dunluce Castle; a rope bridge over a big drop to the ocean below; old graveyards (I've found graves back as far as IIRC the 1600s - a spanish ship went down at the time on rocks off the coast). You'll follow the coast up and go past some small towns. You'll eventually end up going through Portrush, and Portrstewart.

I'd advise then travelling inland by 3 miles to Coleraine, and then heading out to join the coastline at Downhill (the awesome Mussendun Temple (spelling?) is there). That road takes you up the coast to Limavady and Derry/Londonderry.

If you get good weather, you're in for an unforgottebale day. <ake sure to take your camera and give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the scenery and stop off at all the great places along the way.

Archived