Hawaii Air Fare

seamare

Well after months of looking and not buying, I've finally purchased my airfair going from Michigan to Hawaii. I've found a great deal and thought I'd pass it on as I'm always checking this thread for any new ideas.

I've been watching the fares climb for the past month - disgusted that I didn't purchase this summer when they were around $600+. I've searched all the sites and was not finding anything for under $700. Well I decided to check NWA Vacation Package site.

We were originally planning on arriving three days early so I entered the data that I needed a hotel for part of my stay. Well it came up at $800 for the flight plus 3 nights hotel (I picked out a 3*** hotel). The best price I could get on a flight was $739.

Well as I was talking to the agent to confirm my booking with the deposit, I mentioned that I had a NWA Worldperk credit card. I was given an additional 10 % off. Its like getting my hotel room for free and the air fare was alittle less than what I would have paid on the NWA site. I checked all the other Vacation package sites - Travelocity, Orbitz, etc and nothing came close to this. We are leaving on February 10 from MBS and returning on the red eye on February 24. I now have only one more room to book. I'm thinking of trying to find a B & B for the last day away from all the hetic area of Waikki. Any ideas???

I've been watching the fares climb for the past month - disgusted that I didn't purchase this summer when they were around $600+. I've searched all the sites and was not finding anything for under $700. Well I decided to check NWA Vacation Package site.

We were originally planning on arriving three days early so I entered the data that I needed a hotel for part of my stay. Well it came up at $800 for the flight plus 3 nights hotel (I picked out a 3*** hotel). The best price I could get on a flight was $739.

A very creative way to get around the high price of air. And you even needed the hotel room-congrats on thinking out of the box.

Other "packagers" that often have VERY good prices-Go-Today.com and Site59. I have often purchased a package just to get the cheaper price on airfare. Most hotels could care less if you ever check in on a package deal-they already have their money. But it does pay to read the fine print-some packages REQUIRE you to check in to the hotel. They threaten all kinds of things, so you would not want to get to the airport and find out your return flight is canceled. Please READ THE FINE PRINT.

That happened to me too...airfare to Puerto Vallarta was like 200 bucks more than air and 4 or 5 extra nights in a hotel....so..i booked the package and stayed longer-used less Marriott points too!-plus the package included transfers and breakfasts!!!)

sometimes it pays to think out of the box a little!

have fun! enjoy your trip! (and for more fun...if your little package DOESN'T include it...get a lei greeting...trust me-it is worth every penny...really wakes you up and gets you onto Hawaii time......:D

i used this ~ www.greetersofhawaii.com ~ . but there are others that also have a limo/town car to your hotel.....seach the hawaii board....can't remember the name...)

Archived