Type of bag to take on shore?????

What type of bag or purse would you recommend when going on shore? A big beach bag or just something small to carry money and seapass. :confused:

It depends on what we are doing. If we are just shopping/sightseeing and only need money/seapass, we either put everything in our pockets or carry a small purse. However, we usually go to the beach or on snorkling excursions, and bring a big beach bag or a backpack for towels, change of clothes, sunscreen, etc, with a small case inside to hold the money and seapass.

I do realize that most people can figure out that we are from a ship but it not a good Idea to advertise it.Take a bag and a towel that does not have a ship logo on it. I was told this and we did see the difference in the people that set next to us they were picked on by the locals.

Darlene

I try my best to not carry a bag at all, if I have a bag everyone (family) seems to think I am their pack mule for the junk they want to bring or accumulate along the way :rolleyes: If I absolutely have to have a purse, I carry the smallest one, a wallet on a string that I can wear across my body.

If we are going to the beach or a boat tour, I take a beach bag that my husband will not be embarrassed to carry.

We take a slingbag that goes across my body. That way, all of the pockets are in front of me, and not behind me (as a backpack would be). My bag has zippers, so there are no open flaps. It would be really hard for someone to steal something out of it without me knowing. Mine is by Ogio, but I have a second one that I purchased at Target last year for something like $18 and it has similar features.

I usually have shorts that have zippered pockets (cargo short style), so everything goes in there.

For the beach I have my trusty LL Bean beach bag that I picked all the colors out myself, it zips so everything stays in ... I got the large and it is almost too big for just the 2 of us. I can't find it on their website now, but they have it in the spring and summer. Jan

My favorite. Very light weight, holds a lot of stuff. Found these on Lady Foot Locker's site, accessories, backpacks.

This one comes in green, maroon, red, royal blue, navy blue and black for $4.99.

65008502_l.jpg

Or they have this one for $3.99 in pink/black, red/black, light blue/navy and navy/gold

3040444_l.jpg

At one time, Kohl's had one in the store that also had pockets for a water bottle, around $15 if I remember correctly.

Archived