AB Penthouse on Pearl-Help?

luvtojump

We are cruising on the Pearl in one month. Have AB Penthouse 11512 booked. We've heard some grumbles regarding these suites. Can anyone tell us if these are legitimate concerns?

1. very small balcony (compared to size of suite, that is)

2. balcony visible from the bridge

3. loud noises from gym located above

Has anyone stayed in this suite? We would appreciate any information. Maybe we'll try and move locations or staterooms if the above statements are true.

Thank you in advance.

We sailed in cabin 11512 on the Gem from Dover to Barcelona. As the Gem is the sister ship to the Pearl my comments should be valid for both.

The cabin is 492 sq ft and has a 54 sq ft balcony. In comparison, a mini-suite (AF) is 231 sq ft and also has a 54 sq ft balcony. In essence, an AB is the size of two mini-suites but with only the one balcony. If there were five of you in the AB then the balcony would seem small but we were happy with it and we were a party of 2 adults and 1 child.

If you lean over the balcony you can see the wing of the bridge. The forward facing cabins are those which have balconies which are visible from the bridge.

We didn't hear any noise from the gym above us. I think this is more of an issue with cabin 11506.

We loved our cabin and hope that we can afford to sail in an AB again!

My DW and I stayed in this cabin on the Vancouver-LA repo in Sept. We had absolutely no complaints about it at all.

1+2)The balcony is fine for 2, and the bridge is further forward on the same deck it is impossible for them to see in. I guess if they choose not to have windows in the shower stall and above the tub they could have made the balcony larger but I liked those features.

3) Over the 4 days of our cruise the gym was very busy. I "think" I may have heard a treadmill once, but it was so faint it could have been something else.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did, it was our first cruise, a comp upgrade (due to gty balcony booking) and it has ruined us for other cabin types. :eek:

How do I tell DW that the next cruise in Dec might be in an inside cabin? :confused:

While I haven't stayed in this AB, I have had experience on the Pearl. Your room is right under the treadmills in the fitness center and there isn't a lot of noise from them. Where the complaints came were from those cabins a little further back under the weight machines. You should be safe. The room is wonderful.

Archived