Coconut Grove - taxi costs?

Shiba

Hello -

I am thinking of staying in Coconut Grove the night before our cruise in January - we've done the Bayside and South Beach stays previously, so I am looking for something different, and the hotel rates are more reasonable in CG for the date of our stay.

I want to have a realistic idea of what the taxi fare would be (a) from the airport to the Residence Inn CG and (b) from hotel to Miami Port. I am thinking $30-35 for (a) and then $25 for (b). Am I on track?

Thanks,

Jen

Hello -

I am thinking of staying in Coconut Grove the night before our cruise in January - we've done the Bayside and South Beach stays previously, so I am looking for something different, and the hotel rates are more reasonable in CG for the date of our stay.

I want to have a realistic idea of what the taxi fare would be (a) from the airport to the Residence Inn CG and (b) from hotel to Miami Port. I am thinking $30-35 for (a) and then $25 for (b). Am I on track?

Thanks,

Jen

I would be interested as well.:) We have booked the Doubletree for February. Thanks!

If my brain is still working....the OP is very close.....we were at the Ritz Carlton and, long story short, the cabbie who took me to a store the day before we went to the ship came back the next day and drove us....i had gotten a 'deal' to/from the store so he got a nice tip for the trip to the port....IIRC the meter was in the 22 dollar range....

and from the airport...i can't remember if we took a cab or super shuttle....but $28 is sticking in my head....

super shuttle is probably cheaper....you'd have to call them, for some reason, they can't give prices for miami on their website....

www.supershuttle.com

hth...have fun....the grove is very nice and i believe the res inn just got done with a renovation......i was going to stay there a couple months ago and the website said something about a renovation....but you might want to ask since there is no mention of it, and they haven't updated the last year renovated under room type on the website....Hmmmmmm:eek:

Thanks,

Jen

Jen, the average fare from MIA to Coconut Grove is $21.70. The ride is metered so it can be a little more or a little less. Cab fare from Coconut Grove to POM was $18 and change last week (once again, metered, could be a little more or less). ;)

//////

//////

Archived