Another Miami Hotel Question!

woodmill100

We arrive from the UK at around 3 pm and plan to stay overnight in Miami before our cruise from FLL the next day. I am having problems on deciding on a Hotel and wonder if you can help!

We want somewhere that has great rooms and service as well as decent places to eat - for some reason our trips to the US always result in horrific jetlag the first night so we really need somewhere that isn't really in the thick of it where we will be kept up at night with music etc (we're not bores honest!) But we do want to be able to go out for a walk somewhere nice for a few hours when we arrive.

We'd happily pay around $300 for the night.

Our plan is to hire a limo for the next day and have the driver take us round some of the main sites in Miami for a couple of hours before taking us up to FLL to board the ship shortly after lunchtime.

Any suggestions/tips would be great.

Thanks

not sure where you would want to stay, but this is my favorite...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miajw-jw-marriott-hotel-miami/

you could cab over here....: http://www.marybrickellvillage.com/ and find something good to eat...

the hotel is not on the beach, but in a quieter part of town (surrounded by banks, foreign colsulates and condos)-lovely rooms.....decent sized...i wrote a review on trip advisor....my user name over there is cruisermeg.

(i have pix, but-long story short, i left the camera in my checked bag so they got a little fogged...have to try and clean them up a little....:eek: )

or the south beach marriott is nice.....

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miamb-south-beach-marriott/

i took a tour there, didn't stay but it looked nice.

you'll get lots of opnions i am usre...i generally always stick with marriott and i am VERY picky. the couple little goof-up things that happened at the JW Miami were not enough to keep me away....the plae is gorgeous. And if you can get a room on the Concierge level they have a nice array of foods for breakfast and hors d'ouveres in the PM. (Plus free beer and wine!:p ) The evening offereings were enough that I didn't need to go out for dinner [but you may want to!]

have a great trip....hope this one is a little better!

If you like a nice hotel next to the port, I would stay at the Intercontinental downtown. You can see the ships from the port. You can walk to Bayside Marketplace for tons of dining choices, and the rooms are quiet. Beautiful views. But no beach. If you want a beach, stay at South Beach somewhere.

We arrive from the UK at around 3 pm and plan to stay overnight in Miami before our cruise from FLL the next day. I am having problems on deciding on a Hotel and wonder if you can help!

We want somewhere that has great rooms and service as well as decent places to eat - for some reason our trips to the US always result in horrific jetlag the first night so we really need somewhere that isn't really in the thick of it where we will be kept up at night with music etc (we're not bores honest!) But we do want to be able to go out for a walk somewhere nice for a few hours when we arrive.

We'd happily pay around $300 for the night.

Our plan is to hire a limo for the next day and have the driver take us round some of the main sites in Miami for a couple of hours before taking us up to FLL to board the ship shortly after lunchtime.

Any suggestions/tips would be great.

Thanks

We are staying at the Embassy Suites. It was recently renovated, includes a cooked to order breakfast, as well as Managers Reception from 5:30-7:30pm with free drinks. If you fly into MIA they even offer free shuttle service to the hotel. It is $10.00pp for the shuttle to the pier (although you would not need that). Rates range from about $179.00 to $225.00 depending on date (and whether you have a corporate rate, AAA rate etc etc). So about $225.00 with tax. Plus it's a two room suite w. two TV's, livingroom etc.

We're staying a couple of nights post-cruise at the Westin Colonnade in Coral Gables. We've never stayed there, but wanted somewhere with restaurants/shops which would be safe to wander around. It ticks all the boxes and seems to get good reviews on Tripadvisor

Archived