NCL Sun Forward Balcony in Alaska

Deadskins

We had one of the forward facing balconies this past May. The balcony was huge (cabin 8002) At times is was quite windy if you were standing up (not so much sitting down as the bulkhead deflected the wind), plus the balcony is only half covered from the cabins above so if it rains it get quite wet out there. I have had aft and side balconies and overall preferred those. On the Sun and although we loved the cabin it was the least we had ever used the balcony. The only day we really got a lot of use out of the balcony was the last day at sea cruising between British Columbia and Vancouver Island - the best view was from the front through all of the narrow passages.

We were in 8002 also, and it will be windy when you're underway. Ours was for a northbound Pacific Coastal cruise. We liked it so much that when we were offered an upsell to a forward AC on the Star, we jumped on it! The views from the forward cabins are the best! We're booked in an aft cabin for our Caribbean cruise, but if we're offered an upsell to a forward AC, I'm pretty sure we'll take it.

Don't forget -- Alaska is still pretty cold in May. It's going to be cold no matter where your cabin is. :D

I'm also booked in a forward cabin. I'll be in 9202 and heard that it's the best place to see the glaciers! I'm not concerned about getting cold or wet, that's what coats are for--I was concerned about the wind but thanks to the OP, I now know I can sit and not mess my hair (haha) too much!

Anyone ever stay in 9202 with pix to share or just comments?? I'll be there with my sis--a JUGs (Just Us Girls) cruise!;)

we were in 8202, the wind was really not that bad, although we were in the caribbean so it was warm, I would definately take the cabin again as the veranda is big enough to park a car on! The only thing I disliked was we got a call from the bridge to shut our drapes or turn off the lights, it was a tad inconvient sitting out there in the dark but better than the captain hitting a whale because I blinded him :)

Archived