Seats-Helicopter

greatmom

By chance does any one know how many people the Helicopter will hold when you take the Helicopter-dogsledding excersion? I feel that if I'm going to pay $500.00/person I do not want them to try to cram a whole bunch of people into the Helicopter. I would like it to be just my family(3) in the Helicopter.

Thank You

GM

Our helicopter had 7 and that included the pilot. We were organized in the helicopter by weight and the pilot had us re-organized by weight on the way back as well. Everyone had a chance to have a seat with a great view either on the way out or on the way back. Well worth the money!

We didn't do the dogsled, just the Skagway helicopter trip to land on a glacier. This was with Temsco. I think there was a bigger helicopter in addition to the one we were in. I was kind of small so they placed me in the back, by myself. Views were great, and I could see on either side easily, since there was nobody next to me. It was a great flight and great experience.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Coastal for the helicopter flight last year(no dogsledding, just glacier landing) and our helicopter held four in the back and two in the front, plus the pilot. They seat everyone according to weight with the lightest in the middle it seemed. You could still see very well out the front and I just leaned over my husband next to me to see out the side.

Archived