Wonder vs. Magic

ICURN

Can anyone help? My family and I are looking into our first Disney Cruise. There are 6 of us and I don't want to go all out on the wrong ship. Are there any advantages of one ship over another? Is there a sail away party on 3 or 4 day cruises or just the 7? How about the Pirates In the Caribbean Party? Hercules or Cinderella - which show is better? It just boggles the mind. Please help. We love all things Disney and expect to have a good time on either, but I just want to make a wise choice for my kids (all girls 10, 8, 6, 2). Thanks.

-neurotic mom

Howdy neighbor

I've sailed both more than once. There are differences between the two ships but they are almost 'cosmetic' ; the primary difference is the length of the cruise. With even the 3 day you'll get 'everything' but you'll be rushed. The more time you have the more you'll get.

Even with the 3 day you'll get the three primary shows, one night in each rest', and a day at CC. You aways have a sail away....altho I don't know for SURE about the Pirate gig. Extra days get added stuff, but the CORE is always there and gives you time to think about PALO...explore the ship more....etc

4 me, longer is better & i love 7 day, but if constrained I recommend the 4 over the 3 day if you can swing it. In fact 4 is probably best for the first time..... there's always the possibility someone won't like cruising....

Watch for the Florida Resident deals ... you can walk to the port!

howdy,

For us a 7 day is the best but all DCL cruises are fun.

To me a 3 or 4 day you just get on and it's time to get off again.

Eastern Itenary is our favorite because we like the extra day at sea because there is so much to do on the ship.

I think there is more for younger kids as far as excursions go on the Eastern over Western in my opinion too.

For 3 and 4 days you have Nassau which does have a few fun things to do with kids your age too.

You have stated the difference in shows. the Wonder has Hercules but it is soon to be replaced by a new Toy Story show, sorry I dont remember the name of it.

The Magic has Twiced Charmed. I didnt really care for it Love all the other shows though.

Both ships have the pirate party and it is a must do!!

If you go to the dcl website you can read about all the ports and what they have to offer, perhaps that may help you to decide. Also you can order a free DVD about the cruise while on their site.

When we go with our grandkids we do the 7 day Eastern because there is more for them to do on the islands.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thank you everyone sooooooo much. All of your advice is great and I will take it very seriously. I have perused the website and have the DVD, but it is always nice to get the advice of people that have been there. Thanks again!

Archived