First Cruise, odds of getting a Cabin Upgrade?

FMCowboy

just curious - will Royal Caribbean contact you about the upgrade or just go ahead and do it? If you have booked an inside mid ship and are happy with the location would they go ahead and upgrade you to let's say an oceanview but all the way forward? I wouldn't be too happy with that ...

I just got an updated confirmation via email...it had a different cabin # on it, so I went and looked at my reservation online, and it was the new cabin #. No other communication. I booked directly online, so there isnt alot of personal communication anyway, but I am fine with that.

I havent called yet, only because I am delighted with the upgrade, I am sure if you call they can help work things out.

Has anyone been upgraded from an Owner's Suite to a Royal Suite before?

I'm sure it's happened as I have seen one or two posts about being upgraded to the RS, but it's probably the rarest of all upgrades as there is only 1 RS on each ship.

Since the upgrade fairy was nice and moved me to an Owner's Suite for my next cruise, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and hope for the Royal Suite.

I'm hoping I don't get an upgrade because I picked my cabin for exactly what I wanted! Hump balcony on Deck 8. I guess the odds of getting upgraded from that would be slim anyway. But don't they have to ask if want to be upgraded first?

No they don't have to ask.

We were upgraded without notice. We found out when the sea pass key didn't work in the door to the cabin we thought we were in. We were delighted because we went from a D1 to a GS.

If you are happy with your cabin and wish to remain there, then call RCI and have the notation "Do Not Upgrade or Move" placed on your reservation. Or you can have them note to notify you before moving or changing your cabin if you prefer.

Am i right in thinking that ive read somewere that if you get a free upgrade at the dock, and for some reason you dont like it when you get in it for what ever reason you cant change back to you original cabin.

Correct. That's why it's a good idea to have a notation put on your reservation that you wish to be notified before being moved or upgraded, so you'd have the cahnce to refuse the offer if you don't like it.

Just because they have an empty cabin in a higher category doesn't mean that some lucky cruiser will get a free upgraded. Two of our last three cruises they held a special Bingo games with the winner getting the upgrade. The DW and I stopped by to play but the area was packed. We were told that the price for the cards were the normal price as cash bingo. Considering how many people were there RCL probably made more money than the original cost of the suite. We passed on playing.

Archived