? about dinner attire??

O2B_CRUZN

I have a question about dinner attire aboard Horizon. I have cruised before on Royal Carribean, and I'm aware that there are a wide variety of wardrodes in the dining room. On formal night I will be wearing a very formal coctail dress, with my husband in a dark suit. However my question is about the non-formal nights. The book says jackets and ties are required every night. I'm sure the Royal Carribean book said something similar, but on non-formal (semi-formal) there were some men wearing dress pants with knit polo/golf shirts or silk shirts, and they looked very classy and well groomed. I was wondering if this is also the case on Celebrity.

The reason I ask is that I am traveling with a group (parents, sister +family, brother+family, and me+my family) We have bought coordinating outfits, that we would like to wear to dinner one night, not formal night, of course. The women will be wearing sleeveless black knit tops that have a whit bow that ties in the front (like a belt), white capri pants, dressy black open toe heels, and a small silk flower barrette for our hair. The men will be wearing 100% silk Tommy Bahamma shirts (retail $99) and dress pants. I know the whole thing is sort of silly, but they really are cute outfits and would make for a fun picture. would it be inappropriate to wear this to the dining room one night?

Sounds charming - spiffy for casual nite (many, many people go "country-club casual" - no need to think you'll be overdressed if you're not in dockers and polo shirts). People will love it - and yes, it'd be a great photo.

But "informal" = jacket/blazer. Tie is not required according to the ONBOARD daily program.

The message that says you would not be allowed in the dinning room with that attire is wrong.

I just came off of an 11 day Summit cruise a few months ago and many of the men were in dress slacks and nice shirts with no jackets or ties. Many of the men that wore jackets had no ties and their shirts unbuttoned at the top which I thought looked worse than the neatly dressed men witout the jackets.

Although we enjoy the dressing up part I don't get why so many people worry about what other people wear. I agree that you shouldn't wear jeans on informal nights but as long as the person is neat and clean I don't care. From what you described you should be fine

Oh yes, definitely suspenders with the formal steel-belted tires. They seem to be very popular these days! (It's nice to see a little light hearted fun rather than a formal attire or tire (whichever you prefer) bashing!!

Archived