I'm not likeing the timeing of camp carnival orientation

Sweetcharlotte30

Most people cruising with kids take the early seating for dinner and the Camp Carnival orientation is at 7pm. Does this make sense to anyone??

If you have the 5:45pm seating, it is doable. Of course, the 6:15pm seating is more difficult.

They try to sandwich it in between the early and late. However, you can sign up your child at any time.

On many of our cruises we are so excited and busy we never it to the dining room on our first night. (We make sure to go every other night for sure!!)

There are many other options for dinner the first night too. Just a thought.....

Have fun :)

Kimjoe

No, 7:00 for orientation has never made much sense to me. We like our dining room experience too much to cut it short, even though it's nice to get to know the counselors a bit the first night. On our last cruise, we just went right to the orientation after 6:15 dinner - missed the presentations, but had plenty of time to register the kids. On other cruises, we've just gone to Camp Carnival later in the evening to register.

I was not fond of the 7:00 orientation either. However, I left my party at the dinner table and took DD to the orienation. I would not miss eating in the dining room so that was not an option for me. This was also my DD first cruise, so it was very important that we both attend. It helped her to warm up and she was able to tour the camp.

I wish the timing was different but.....it wasn't so I just left dinner a little early.

I love camp carnival.

I am wondering if both my mom and I should go to the orientation with my niece or if just one of us go. It won't be a problem as we have a 5:45 dinner, we'll just have to skip dessert (*sigh* no warm chocolate melting cake that night...).

My niece is psyched out to go and her monther, my wench-in-law (can you FEEL the love *LOL*) is jealous....my mom is paying for my niece to go, so she can't say a thing.....I'd cancel if she said she was going to go with us to..

I am wondering if both my mom and I should go to the orientation with my niece or if just one of us go. It won't be a problem as we have a 5:45 dinner, we'll just have to skip dessert (*sigh* no warm chocolate melting cake that night...).

My niece is psyched out to go and her monther, my wench-in-law (can you FEEL the love *LOL*) is jealous....my mom is paying for my niece to go, so she can't say a thing.....I'd cancel if she said she was going to go with us to..

Only 1 of you need to go with your neice, but it is up to you. As mentioned, you could miss it all together. But for us, it was a good warm-up for my daughter.

Sounds like a Comment Card issue, or better yet write Guest Relations about it. I think there should be 2 Orientation times for those with earily and late dinner.

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

Fred

I have yet to make an orientation. We just meet up with CC at the family Ice Cream Social then sign them up after. Although this year I really want to attend because this year is the first year where my DD and DN can sign themselves in and out, and I want to know how that will work.

When we got on board we toured the ship and found our way to Camp Carnival and met who was actually one of my DD counselors and gave her a verbal heads up on DD. We made it to orientation which I think took all of about 15 mins for us. We missed dinner but ate on the Lido ( I won't go there --I had my DM-i-L) with us for our cruise and no I did not have good quality time with my husband.

I read on another thread that the sign in forms are fairly long to fill out. Can someone explain them to me and can I take several and have them filled in ahead of time for each time?

I didn't think the forms were too bad to fill out. Mostly they ask for information such as responsible adults, medical conditions, etc. (If you've had to fill out school emergency cards or field trip permission slips, this will be old hat for you.;) ) If the child is in the 9-11 group, they ask that you indicate whether the child can sign him/herself out of Camp Carnival.

I think the camp carnival orientation is overrated. In our cruises, we have been late to several, because of the 6:15 dinner time.. and it was fine.

If you miss orientation all together, don't fret... you can sign up the kids that night at the dance party, the ice cream social... or any time the next day at the camp itself.

Catrin

Archived